• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone Tried Hostmonster?

TheHostHunter

They've been around for a year or so but I still haven't got around to host a site with them. Anyone have any experience with them? Is it worth for me to check them out?

Their website is: www.hostmonster.com

I guess I'm just a little leary of signign up with them because I got a couple of 404 errors while poking around and that never makes me feel secure :confused4

They're a Bluehost brand, and that's basically all I know about them at this point. I think it'll take a while before we'll get to see a decent number of reviews on them, as they've only recently started to market in a more aggressive manner, so the number of customers must be still limited.

try to contact their support. this could be a test :) if they answer you or reply back with in a reasonable time this could be one thing to check

ITahmed said:
try to contact their support. this could be a test :) if they answer you or reply back with in a reasonable time this could be one thing to check

Always a good thing to remember is that the representatives that answer presale questions are always going to be top notch, but the actual support can vary quite a bit :)

I've not heard much about them, for more reviews search at webhostingtalk and sitepoint.

Hostmonster -worst-

I have one week in HM, when i before asked for some questions they were fast to answer that i need to sign up to get all the support. (she say their servers have all that i need)...

Then i signed up...they sometimes answer ONLY the first time when you send a ticket (no fixing the problem), then you follows the same ticket and it likes as the people are dead...nobody answer your replies in the tickets!

Example:

Hi: "i need this support in some things", you receive then your #ticket by mail, if you have luck they answer they need your info, then when you replies with your info requested, they never follows the ticket...

I have one week waiting support, i have sent tickets and replies.

luz001 said:
I have one week in HM, when i before asked for some questions they were fast to answer that i need to sign up to get all the support. (she say their servers have all that i need)...

Then i signed up...they sometimes answer ONLY the first time when you send a ticket (no fixing the problem), then you follows the same ticket and it likes as the people are dead...nobody answer your replies in the tickets!

Example:

Hi: "i need this support in some things", you receive then your #ticket by mail, if you have luck they answer they need your info, then when you replies with your info requested, they never follows the ticket...

I have one week waiting support, i have sent tickets and replies.

Dang, that doesn't sound very good at all. Did you try calling them up? It's really annoying when you can't get somewhat quick responses from support technicians. Even if it takes a long time to fix the problem, it is really nice for them to keep you updated so that you know what's going on and that they are actually working on your problem.

Back