• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Adsense Multiple Websites

Matt8

All? No, ALL!
NLC
Disclaimer: I have never used Adsense, or any other banner exchange program. This is a "new" thing for me ;)

I have a website that I am working on that I would like to try putting some Adsense codes on to see if it makes any revenue. I also have a few other sites that I would like to try them on. Would I need to signup a different account for every single site?

I also have at least one hostee that wants to put on ads as a thank you. Can these all use one account? That would sure make life easy.

But remember to add them to the list (under ad management) and verify them with the empty file that links it to the account :wink2: makes it work a bit better even though it's not required.

Plus you can make 'channels', where you basically can make individual ads for each website you have and it tracks the amount of clicks/impressions you get from that site with ads on it.

Unless your corporate or a bit anally retentive it's kind of pointless though doing that.

Exception being if it raises enough for tax purposes to be able to apportion to individual entities. Or you have a load of spare time to drool over hits :)

Unless your corporate or a bit anally retentive it's kind of pointless though doing that.
When you have a lot of sites, it is helpful to see which ones are performing. Those that aren't can be tweaked or another form of advertising used for maximum benefit.

For instance, I have one site that is getting about 1000 uniques a day and adsense earnings might be 4 cents only. Another site with few hits is doing much better and actually getting decent clicks. So I will find another means of advertising for the one with a lot of uniques ;)

DOH! Yep Jan your right, I do like to keep it a bit more simple but...

Guess you have more sites and more time - nah nah na na na (kidding)

No your right if there are an amount of sites to be monitored it is a good move and well worth it.

Tracker said:
short answer...yes
Silly goose for not researching :p

Yeah Jan you are right. Right now I only have 1 channel for everything basically because I'm too lazy to do more! Although it's an oxymoron in a way because I have to do more work to see what site is the performing one. Silly me :)

You wouldn't Once you are accepted by Google Adsense, you can place the ads on any site that falls within their TOS.

I have 15 channels setup in AdSense! :D - Though I do it for the reasons Jan has suggested!

I do that too J J, just setup multiple channels, and customise every single advert. Its easier to use and keeps it more tidy iny our Adsense account :)

Back