• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Adding image in the address bar next to web domain

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
Does anyone know how to add an image in the address bar to make it appear to the left of the domain name, like above? Where you see the blue square with the white F in it?

You need to create an icon file called favicon.ico and put it in your site's public_html or www folder, wherever your site draws it's content from.

That image is then loaded by most browsers and displayed next to the domain and on the tabs (Firefox) for the site.

You can do Seraphim option, or add a meta tag or link rel to the header of your html code. I included a example below. Both ways are easy or you can do both.

The code goes between the head, <head></head>

ex: <link href="/favicon.png" rel="icon" type="image/png" />

You need to create an icon file called favicon.ico and put it in your site's public_html or www folder, wherever your site draws it's content from.

That image is then loaded by most browsers and displayed next to the domain and on the tabs (Firefox) for the site.

Is that what I save the file "favicon.ico"?

The suggestion worked. I will have to get someone to create a much smaller one then the one I did though.

Back