• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A question for gcities.com

Probably no deception meant, don't you think? I haven't seen it, but a search box might be very much preferable to a banner. Of course, for a lot of people the issue isn't really how the banner looks, but having code added to their pages. It can be a big problem if you're using frames, or if there's no ftp and more than one person is working on the site..things like that.

I still say an ad is an ad is an ad. Whether it's a banner, button text link or *search box* it still makes the FWP owner money and therefore is an ad. Period! I certainly hope Peo hasn't listed gcites as an ad-free FWP. (if he's even listed it at all - haven't bothered to check).

While it isn't really an ad, it isn't really ad-free. I think that it's basically a replacement for a banner, so maybe you should at least mention that you require it to be placed. If you mention this, then you're doing fine. Otherwise, you're misleading people.

Well well well,

no more ads on members pages now not even a searchbox :) so he can list it as an ad free host :) because it will be as long as the members keep that good ctr in the control panel!

So no ads on any of the members pages.

Then I suggest you update your F.A.Q. it says this in there. ;)

Q. Does gcites.com force banners on top of our pages?

A. Yes we place one banner on the top of your pages.
:D

Back