• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$250 prize draw at 3rdrockhosting.com

That link you gave is a money back guarantee....nothing involving the contest.

Edit/Update: I found this there:
Winners will be drawn 01/04/2008 at 12PM GMT

Ok so it says Jan 04, 2008, that passed a bit back. But then there is a count down for 31 one days. Which means the contest ends on the first of April. That is aka Aprils Fools Day lol...but it may be legit. But other wise your not paying to enter or doing anything if you are already they're client so it's good i guess.
The link i found this at: http://3rdrockhosting.com/prize-draw/

Last edited by a moderator:
[CH]Dan;966301 said:
That link you gave is a money back guarantee....nothing involving the contest.

Edit/Update: I found this there:

Ok so it says Jan 04, 2008, that passed a bit back. But then there is a count down for 31 one days. Which means the contest ends on the first of April. That is aka Aprils Fools Day lol...but it may be legit. But other wise your not paying to enter or doing anything if you are already they're client so it's good i guess.
The link i found this at: http://3rdrockhosting.com/prize-draw/

01/04/2008 can be April 1st 2008 and not Jan 4th, 2008. Lol either way its kinda funny that they put it on april fools day.

01/04/2008 can be April 1st 2008 and not Jan 4th, 2008. Lol either way its kinda funny that they put it on april fools day.

Yeah I said that lol....that day rolls around, they send mass email saying they won but everyone got the email and everyone thinks they win! lol then SIKE!

@OP
Yes, it is entirely possible! We are doing the prize draw as a thank you to our customers. We already have the prize money set aside and are looking forward to handing it over to the lucky winners :)
There is nothing to worry about, it costs you nothing to enter and as a customer of 3rd Rock Hosting you are automatically entered into the draw. The prize draw is available to current customers and new customers too, so you are still elligible to win!

The information on the prize draw is actually available at http://3rdrockhosting.com/prize-draw/

As for the date confusion, i am the webmaster that maintains the site. I am from the uk, here in the uk we format our dates differently, i should have taken this into consideration while editing the page :S
We format dates lik DD/MM/YYYY whereas in US it is MM/DD/YYYY. Sorry about the confusion.

LOL APRIL FOOLS!! No, we never actually thought about that, thanks for pointing it out though. Wouldnt really have been a funny joke to the winner of $250 now would it? Again, thanks for pointing it out.

The new date for the draw is March 31st.

LOL sorry if i offended you by pointing that out. +rep

But yeah if i was the winner and i got a sike i would snap lol

Using that as an April Fool's would have landed them in a LOT of trouble :wink2:

I just hope their company is worth more than the prize money.

I think Mark (OWNER) used to work with you on something?
I will admit, since i got on with the company (Co owner) a lot has changed, i have changed the company for the better. As a team we have made 3rd rock what it is today.

Still, no need for a comment like that, could you please PM me? I would like to know exactly what you meant by that.

LOL, Random, if it was our slogan i would understand, but it isnt :D

Good to hear you are happy with us ;)

And yes decker, very modest... its the prozac maybe. (JK)

Last edited:
i watched that show when i was younger, it was funny a good few years ago. But now when i watch it its just stupid. Shows like Family Guy, American Dad, South Park have taken over my life. Plus theres not much funnier than a good commedian... like Chris Rock :D

Anyway, the slogan is 'Down To Earth Web Hosting' which i think is rather clever, seen as 3rd rock actually stands for 3rd rock from the sun. It annoys me when people dont really think about thier slogan, thats one of the first few things a pottential client is going to see...

Back