• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

2 New Proxies

i like the desgin of grungeproxy a lot, its cool, :) its really clean, nice one!

Thanks MCT, I kinda see what you mean about swanky, but it used to be a lot worse :p

Thanks AMC :)!

I think the Swanky one is too busy. Maybe lower the saturation of the colors on the background pattern will help draw the user's eye to where they input the URL. And I barely noticed the "Advanced Options" link. Maybe you could spruce up the Advanced Options pop-up to match with the whole swanky theme.

On the Grunge proxy, it's all right. It seems like the logo wasn't saved at high quality though, it's not as sharp as it should be, like right above "grungeproxy.com". And at first, I thought the input bar was part of the logo, so maybe you could make it a little more obvious. I like the graphic in the lower left corner though :) By the way, the text runs off the graphic if you type in something really long.

The header of grunge used to be quite abit sharper, but I had to reduce it due to filesize. I can try making the form more obvious by perhaps putting a URL in it by default.

I've also taken your suggestion of fiddling with the saturation and it does look a bit better.. a little bit unsure though - can you tell me what you think please?

swankyproxy:
doesn't look good, the ads are covered by the roman pillar.
the advanced options button is too far and if it's clicked, it's covered by the roman pillar.

grungeproxy.com
nice design, but it's hard for new visitor to find the url box.
try to change the url text color into something more contrast(like orange, yellow).
generally the design was really great, but i think your should switch the ads' position with the advanced option's position. it's a lot easier to find the advanced options settings.

The swank proxy looks better with a desaturated background, but still too busy for my taste. I really do not know how you could fix it though.

For the grunge proxy, maybe you could just make the default text in the input "http://www." instead of "http://www.google.com" so that the user can just type in a smaller portion of the URL. Try making the text a different color so it contrasts more, like Secret said. I'm thinking that you should have the Advanced Options on the grunge proxy set up like on the swank proxy where you click a link and it pops up. The placement is kind of awkward for the options.

Not sure what else I could add. Nice work overall :)

How did you do those little designs on the bottom left of the grungy one? Can you pm me with a tutorial link or something? thanks

Back