• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

2 Host questions .....

Hi,

Just to shatter some illusions:

http://www.myqth.com/ (host #1)
500MB Disk Space
30GB Per month data transfer

FYI, bandwidth costs at least $2 a gig. They offer 30 GB/mo for about 4 bucks :confused:

They have a free Everyone.net forum - enough said. Also, you going to trust and pay upfront for a year? They won't be around for long, believe me.

Originally posted by The_ReVenger
Yes but Giancarlo said himself in another topic theyre good so i wanted to know other guys there opinions

Umm, that is what I heard. I do agree the unlimited or unmetered is impossible. Maybe the law of the averages thing actually works, and with rules blocking out warez sites, but it is not honest. The service may be good though I am not sure.

Originally posted by NexDog
Hi,

Just to shatter some illusions:

FYI, bandwidth costs at least $2 a gig. They offer 30 GB/mo for about 4 bucks :confused:

They have a free Everyone.net forum - enough said. Also, you going to trust and pay upfront for a year? They won't be around for long, believe me.

That's crazy those prices. I think they must be overselling the bandwidth (alot) :D.

Oh really? And you are speaking from what experience.......?

If you don't own the data center and aren't buying in bulk from the backbone then you won't get lower than $2 a gig even if you buy ALOT prepaid.

Ok i have 2 hosts that i have in mind ...... wanna know if they are good/reliable/safe and fast :

http://www.myqth.com/ (host #1)
http://www.phenominet.com/ (host #2, first package with unmetered bandwith)

I am a happy user of phenominet(tier II plan)
Tier I is only for personal sites, so don't get it, go for tier II and tier III. They have very good uptime and good support. They don't have custom CGI, but they do support php and mysql. Right now I have custom error pages and subdomains that they set up for me free of charge, they are very friendly also.

Re: Re: 2 Host questions .....

Originally posted by Archbob

I am a happy user of phenominet(tier II plan)
Tier I is only for personal sites, so don't get it, go for tier II and tier III. They have very good uptime and good support. They don't have custom CGI, but they do support php and mysql. Right now I have custom error pages and subdomains that they set up for me free of charge, they are very friendly also.

What they mean with a personal page ? A page that you make for other people, but the page isn't for a business ? Like an animesite or a resources site, that are personal pages ?

Re: Re: Re: 2 Host questions .....

What they mean with a personal page ? A page that you make for other people, but the page isn't for a business ? Like an animesite or a resources site, that are personal pages ?

Usually what they mean by a personal site is a site created by an individual or a group that doesn´t have anything for sale on it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 Host questions .....

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Usually what they mean by a personal site is a site created by an individual or a group that doesn´t have anything for sale on it.

Oh, that's k then, because i wanted to start a site like that ...... anybody has an account with there tier1 ?

Bandwith is based upon your internet connection, if you have a dedicated server that is running on an OC48+ you will probably never have to worry about bandwith, I dunno about webspace, but Unlimited Bandwith seems possible.

Originally posted by PyschoPath
Bandwith is based upon your internet connection, if you have a dedicated server that is running on an OC48+ you will probably never have to worry about bandwith, I dunno about webspace, but Unlimited Bandwith seems possible.

There is always a limit to everything, if you are running twenty OC48 connections and have a massive host... you could eventually run to a limit.

Back