• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

18gb bandwidth, & PHP + MySQL

c00l

Hi, the subjects says prety much.

A good server, that supports PHP, Mysql, SSI isn't bad at all, with perl if posible, and 18gb of bandwitdh for about a 10$ month, is this possible?.

Thanks

I heard tera-byte.com getting worst and worst. My friend used to use them.

Take a look at
Liquidshack.net haven't hear anything bad about them.

Tera-Byte had some serious downtime problems a while ago, but those seem to have been resolved. Sadly though, they have reformulated their hosting plans, and the deals aren't as attractive as they once were, but they are still a very good, and stable host.

Originally posted by alien
But how are they able to offer at such a low price?

:confused:

My guess is they get sponsors (very rich people) and the sheer amount of members generates a profit even with low prices.

Originally posted by PyschoPath
Same with www.myacen.com.au, almost suspicous, but still amazing, it's usually the person who hosts it, on their financial situation..like I said 'They could be rich 16 year olds, with a T3 line'

That is something to dream about in the land down under. We have 512k/128k adsl connections with 3gb data for $45USD, with 10centsUS per megabyte over.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
512k ADSL? You are running your servers on 512k ADSL? :confused:

No these are the residential plans offered by Telstra. I don't think 128kbits is enough for a webserver lol :D

Originally posted by alien
But how are they able to offer at such a low price?

:confused:
they rely on the law of averages. not everyone will use their full 20 gigs of available transfer.

Originally posted by keith
they rely on the law of averages. not everyone will use their full 20 gigs of available transfer.

Exactly, and from what little they charge for each account that adds up. Most people don´t even use pass 20MB and 2GB of bandwidth (if even that).

Back