• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

10 000 users, which forum is the safest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murat

İ Ğ Ş Ç
NLC
so, a friend got a phpbb1 around a year ago, and it worked fine, yet
too bad, now, the forum starts to make trouble, so he is going to change the system
wich one is the best for him u d say ? wich one is the fastest ? which one uses most less traffic ?
there are around 60 - 100 users online at the same time

Well you could use Invision Board 1.1, there are normally about 40 people online at a time on their support forums, so it must be a secure forum -- and I have seen even more active forums that use Invision Board that (I know) have not been hacked. :)

Go with Invision, or vBulletin.

I think phpbb2 is okay, but I recommend invision or vBulletin. Phpbb2 support forums is like 30,000 and still going strong.

I'd go for vBulletin, because it's pay and so...um well it's pay. If you want to risk it, go for IBF. Don't do phpBB. Friends don't let friends use phpBB's ;)
Sorry :)

It's all the same, from what I've seen. I have vBulletin running, and had it for a while, and it looks/acts almost identical to UltimateBB, phpBB, ikonboard, etc...I was told they're all built off the same framework. I don't think I've ever come across someone "hacking" vBulletin, nor heard of it happening to someone else. For 10,000 users, I would imagine you could afford it. :p

Last edited:
vBulletin may not be the fastest, but it's far more reliable than any of the free boards. Most popular boards use vB's, and I'd say it's worked out fine in almost all cases. :)

well i think if murat wanted something paid , he won't post it in this forum.

i recommend phpBB2 or invision. They're one of the best boards around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back