• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1 dollar hosting?

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Do a whois on them. I think the owner of the domain is using fake infomation.

Last edited:
They seem to be hosted by http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/
Their dedicated server plans come with a fixed amount of traffic and overusage at 2pence/MB = £20.48/Gb
Their reseller plans however seem to have an "unlimited" *cough* traffic allotment and the TOS for that plan happens to be exactly the same as the one as onedollarhost.net so my guess would be they picked that one.
I don't know the exact conversion cost for £ to $ but my guess would be they need about 70 sites just to break even.

The first order page also isn't secure and neither is the second... if the word "unlimited" didn't scare you off and the price didn't set off alarm bells in your head then an insecure order with a host collecting your information directly and not through a merchant that's really your clue to run and not look back.

Also:
What type of hardware do your web servers use?
We host all web sites on very reliable Sun UltraSparc 10's with 500MB of ram and fast-wide SCSI RAID.

What web server software do you run?
We are running Windows 2000 Server
Sun servers run Win2k? :confused:

Not recommended at all... 30 day money back guarantee too along with unlimited amount of storage?

This must be a nightmare... :smile2:

Because no one has said it yet:
You get what you pay for
-and-
http://unlimband.com - there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth
And have you seen a HDD that had unlimited space? It's cheap because they'll knock you hard with a big charge if you go over x bw/mb :-/

I have a thought on these super cheap deals. How much does the guy at a fast food joint earn to make your burgers? At his rate of earnings, how much time do you expect him to spend making sure your burger is perfect? I would think hosting falls under that very same assumption.

Excellent point Jan, thats why fast food joint don't make burger from steakhouse quality meat.

Back