• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. K

Image Preloading

I've noticed while viewing the source of http://www.vietcong-game.com/us/index.html that the page uses some kind of preload command. What does this do? Does it preload images such as rollovers so that they change right away when you put your mouse over them? If so, where can I learn how to do...
  2. K

Ahhh, Can't Delete iB

I just did a forced deletion on my Ensim CP. Gone..
  3. K

Ahhh, Can't Delete iB

Ok your forum blows..Won't allow even my small asss pic to be uploaded. It's like, "Max file size is 0.2 bytes." Anyway, go to http://vietcongworld.actionrealm.com/images/ib311.gif to see it.
  4. K

Ahhh, Can't Delete iB

I can't delete my iB folders in my CGI-BIN. It gives me the error in the attached picture. How can I delete it? Note: Some files were deleted and some were not.
  5. K

All I need is PHP and No Ads hosting

Ok. How long does that take?
  6. K

What the deal with GHS20 site disappearing?
  7. K

niklasvh = liar
  8. K

Looking for 9.999 uptime host

9.999% uptime. You said it twice too. What if there was a place that guaranteed 9.999% uptime?
  9. K

ActionRealm

My site is hosted by ActionRealm, which is a host for mostly gaming and modding sites and some personal sites, but I don't see it listed anywhere on FWS. In case you wanna add a new one to your search, here's the info.. Modification Plan 50MB of web space (can always be bumped up on...
  10. K

Free MySQL

I'm using freesql.org right now. I think I could bear with it, but I want to know if there's anything faster. It takes forever for one page to load using freesql.org. So does anyone know of one? Thanks.
  11. K

Back for Round 2

Ok..I was here a while ago and I've made some changes. Here's my site's URL.. http://vietcongworld.actionrealm.com/ Also, visit my paFileDB by clicking on either Screenshots or Movies on the menu. Like last time, many sections don't have content even available yet. Focus on the ones...
  12. K

paFileDB & freesql.org Help

Ok, my PHP is working again. But, I still need help. /*You need to change these variables to get paFileDB working. If you are unsure of this information, please contact your host to obtain this information*/ $db[host] = "localhost"; //This is the MySQL server paFileDB will connect to...
  13. K

PHP Upload Error

What does this mean.. It happens when I try to upload a file at this address. Here's my script.. <? //the absolute location of where you want to upload it //the directory must be chmoded 777 //jpgimage is the name from the top copy($mod, "/var/www/html/mods/$mod_name")...
  14. K

XNetwork a Pain

Damn.. It said they were accepting signups at the home page. Well I guess the kind of server doesn't matter now.
  15. K

XNetwork a Pain

I can't test your statement about CHMODing right now..XNetwork is closed.. I hope comprised means changed to UNIX, ha. Back to the smiliar hosts question then..?
  16. K

XNetwork a Pain

Folders must be..So public can upload files into it. PHP must be 755 and .pl must be 777..Right?
  17. K

XNetwork a Pain

Holy sh_t, Windows servers..? They are really annoying, compared to my usual UNIX. XNetwork is great so far, but I think the complicated process of CHMODing outweighs everything, since I'm always changing file permissions. Is Windows as bad as it seems? Anyway, I'm looking for a similiar host to...
  18. K

CHMODing..Windows?

I'm on a server now that will not allow me to CHMOD files. I guess it's a Windows server..? Anyway, how would I set the permission for a file to 777 in Windows? And 755? I've only used UNIX servers before. Thanks.
  19. K

I already did what you're saying..which must mean that my host's PHP is jacked up, it's not freesql.org. My host's host just crashed a couple days ago so that's probably it.
  20. K

Do I need to set up anything at freesql.org, other than my account?
Back