• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. S

Revenue Avenue?

Hi all I've been a member of revenue avenue (bcentral) until they've closed down. I liked them because they show the rates (per click), easy to join, easy to manage and great. All under one roof :D Now that they've closed down, I cant seem to find anything similar. Sure, I know cj, but...
  2. S

Global symbol "$whatever" requires explicit package name at ....

Hey all Just a quick question. Why do I get this error mesage: Global symbol "$Username" requires explicit package name at /home/myacen2/public_html/slashtek/cgi-bin/yabb/Sources/auctions.pl line 467. Compilation failed in require at...
  3. S

#&^@#&*(@^#&^@ Cgi !!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I'm *** at cgi now! lol I ant get this damn thing to work on my new server. It workd fine under xp (with apache), but dosnt work with my new server (cabalt) Ok, heres what it does: Heres the login script: ------------------------------------------------- sub Login {...
  4. S

Bios/Motherboard Max. Gb Limit ?

Hey all I've got a question. In a readme file that can be downloaded from IBM for a Laptop Bios upgrade, there is this: <1.07> - (New) IBM 4GB and 5GB hard disk drives are supported. Question #1. Can I only put an IBM HD in or another one, like Toshiba? Question #2. Isn't...
  5. S

MyDomain / Hotmail problems

Hello I've set-up like a month ago email redirection to my hotmail adress. I've tested it every week and it never arrives into my hotmail box. I've rechecked like hundreds of times the email adress in mydomain but still.... Anyone knows why is it hapenening? Flash!
  6. S

Home-Hosting

Hello all! Could anyone post a link to a website that explains how to install modules for Apache and/or configure it's setting files? Modules for CGI/SSI/PHP and other. Thanks P.S oh, under windows :D
  7. S

Laptop Anatomy Questions (4)

Hello all I've got 4 questions about laptops. 1. Lets say I buy an IBM laptop. Then, will I be able to buy a 3rd party Hard disk, lets say toshiba 20Gb or any other brand/size and mount it where the old one was, after removing the old one. Of course, the new HD would be same or smaller...
  8. S

For Sale

Hello I have a few items to sell. I think this would be a good place :) This is what I have to sell: Kodak DC215 Digital Camera This is a camera I bought last april at Wal-Mart. It worked great and I didnt use it very often. Last month, It stopped working. I inserted batteries in it...
  9. S

The Famous " character :)

Hey all I was wondering how can I print the " character in a javascrip file ex: document.write("<!--#include virtual="http://www.SlashTek.com/cgi-bin/anyscript.pl?"+action+" -->"); This dosnt work because of the " between the = and http the " needs to be there..... Any idea's how I...
  10. S

Virus? Trojan? Anything?

Hey all I've got a small problem :) When Im surfing the NET, some pages pop-up from nowhere... Advertisement shit with referal ids and shit like that. And they are not pages from the site im visiting because even if my IE is closed they appear... I tried to run Norton Antivirus but...
  11. S

Planning to start a web host @ home

Hello all, I'm interested in starting a web host in my basement :) The only problem is I dont know what connections to choose. Sympatico High-Speed (dsl, www.bell.ca) or Videotron Cable (clable, www.videotron.ca) The problem is the upload speeds... Bell has a upload limit of...
  12. S

IkonBoard v3

Hello I downloaded ikonboard v3 a few days ago. I installed it once, then got a path problem, deleted, reinstalled, same thing, deleted, reinstalled, ah it worked! Then I ve set everything up nd its "working" except nobody can register. Nobody, I've tested it on 7 people + me and none...
  13. S

(Dynamic ?) HTML

Hello I was wondering how can I make an html page to wich I can pass arguments lets say http://www.SlashTek.com/index.html?url=http://www.test.com and I have a javascript wich loads the page supplied in ?url whcn the user clicks a button Any idea's how can I make this? Thanks...
  14. S

Quick Question

Hello All I've been searching for a free host that matches my needs for quite a while now. I've read this board and used the advanced search feature but none that is ok. So I would like a paid one that accepts money orders and has per-year prices. Here's what I need: ~50Mb space ~1...
  15. S

Database? php/asp/cgi

Hello I would really aprreciate if someone would give me a link to a script or tutorial : You know those car buying sites. You enter lets say Porsche and it displays a list of porsches avalable and then if you click on a model it opens a weird-url'd-page :D wich uses PHP or ASP or even...
  16. S

I need a free host that...

Hello All I've been searching for a free host that matches my needs for quite a while now. I've read this board and used the advanced search feature but none that is ok. I'm now with portland. One of my sites is ok for there, since I wont be getting tons of clicks anyway. But for...
  17. S

Portland / MyDomainPlus Question

Hello, I recently started a website on Portland , SlashTek.com. I registered a domain with 000domains.com and put in the Portland DNS servers in the control panel of 000domains. Everything was fine, worked well until I decided I needed subdomains :) So I digged up for my old MyDomain...
Back