• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. G

Need Small Hosting

Does anyone have a free account with shyper.com? I couldn't log on to my admin account; the login was just rejected (and I know it was correct). I understand that they are remodeling, but is that the reason for the lockout? Sorry for the off-topic question, but I thought other people may want...
  2. G

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?

I have computers with Windows XP and Windows 2000 operating systems. Now, on the XP box, the default image viewer is Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, which I love very much. However, it is not available on the Windows 2000 side. Does anyone know how to get the viewer? Is it possible to copy...
  3. G

What is double-layer DVD writer?

I see. It is ambiguous though; [double-layer DVD] writer, not double-layer [DVD writer]. I guess not all writers support this kind of double-layer media then. Thanks!
  4. G

does GMail expire?

I take that to mean that signup is not open to public, but rather, via invitations. I think of "limited free trial" as "we are free now, but you are only trying the service for free, and we will charge later".
  5. G

does GMail expire?

Really? I couldn't find the information on this page: http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html I doubt though...
  6. G

does GMail expire?

Thanks! :-)
  7. G

I don't have a double-layer DVD burner, but I am curious about it, and it would be good to know when I think about getting a DVD burner.
  8. G

What do you mean, both sides at once? Burning at the same time?
  9. G

As the title says. I suppose it is different from dual format (which records both DVD+ and DVD- media).
  10. G

free SMTP with SSL

Does anyone know if there is a free SMTP service that is SSL-enabled? Very often when I use a POP3/IMAP account with a client that does not also offer SMTP, I would like to use another service that does offer that. So, the SMTP server should allow relaying. It can be bundled with its own...
  11. G

lifespan of flash memory

It is upsetting to know that, as optical solutions are generally considered to "back up" data, which means they are to last very long, if not virtually forever (barring of course mishandling).
  12. G

Need 10 MB Space, no ads.

Clubhost is asking too much of your information, and I think they manually process your application too (daily limit is 20). I tried shyper (whose activation IS instant) and found that very interesting and to my liking. :-)
  13. G

does GMail expire?

Do you have a link to their website where this is mentioned? Thanks.
  14. G

free email service in Spanish

For those of you who are proficient in Spanish, this is an excellent service: http://www.yaycos.com/correo/ 3 GB of storage with POP3 and IMAP.
  15. G

yet another free GB email service

http://www.omnilect.com/ 2000MB with Email, Calendar, & Address Book. POP3/IMAP is fee-based though.
  16. G

does GMail expire?

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but nothing came up when I did a search. Does anyone know if a GMail account would be closed due to inactivity for a duration of time (e.g., 30 days)? Thanks.
  17. G

lifespan of flash memory

I wonder how long flash memory (such as a compact flash card or a flash drive) can be used. I know that they typically can be written up to one million times, and data can be retained up to ten years, but what if I didn't write that many times before ten years? Would I still be able to use it...
Back