• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. M

Hi & A Few Questions (Re: Tera-Byte etc.)

Thanks.. Thanks for that info. I appreciate it.
  2. M

Membership.. Senior/Junior/Child/Dwarf

Baaa Humbug Baaaaaa Humbug to all of you. http://www.gotse.cx 0wns you all.
  3. M

No responses... Hi - yeah, I've still not had any responses here or on webhostingtalk.com ... so If have the time I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give me. Thanks Buddy, moz.
  4. M

become a member

NLC? grr... What is an NLC (seriously) ... moz.
  5. M

readyhosting.com

Non-Real Time Control Panels. Fundly enough - Xeran used to be the same way, Control Panel wasn't completely realtime - and even the creation of a now Shell Account required the user to wait until the server had threaded and completed the task. This is the main reason I'm such a Cobalt RaQ...
  6. M

Phpwebhosting are a pain

Like I said... Like I said... call them. It seems silly for you to run up more costs on plastic when a quick call could sort it out. Also, it need not cost you to call them... http://www.dialpad.com Good luck buddy, moz.
  7. M

New here + a couple of ?'s

Capping... Just noticed you said a 96k cap? ... Ouch. What provider? Road Runner in Florida are still piping a min. of 180kbps to an IIS have at a friends house. In that case - its a regular account with the joy's of NAT/IPChains to cover hosting side.. moz.
  8. M

Couple things. Couple things... 1) Your in the US, I'm in Australia - this different performance. 2) I said 1.5mbit... not mb. There are 8mbits in a 1mb... meaning 1.5mbits = 187kbps. mbits is the REAL term for dealing in bandwidth. 3) I said ADSL not DSL - major difference. ADSL/HDSL...
  9. M

speedy NT host

I don't agree... Phrozen... I don't agree - MOST ... Cable Hosts are more than willing for you to host - as long as they know your doing it - and YES, they will charge a bit more (although I know some that won't if they know its a non-profit site) ... Optus@Home for one. Bandwidth is...
  10. M

Hosting Tip & Tricks...

Hi, Just thought I'd start a thread on Hosting Tips & Tricks. I suppose many of you will have some good idea's/tricks you've learnt with particular hosting providers and/or services. I thought it would be good for individuals to be able to post 'tricks' they've come across - and share...
  11. M

speedy NT host

Hosting ... Hey, some people around here seem to have some heafty requirements for their hosting. I'm big on suggesting people try host themselves. If you need NT/IIS 5.0 hosting ... Windows 2000 Professional + Cable Modem will do the trick. Its not difficult to arrange a static IP...
  12. M

Suggestion For You... Hi ErinsBaby ... Just a suggestion for you - I had a look at your website (with you 'under renovations' page) ... Have you thought about maybe getting a broadband connection at your home and hosting the site yourself? I noticed you're out of work at the moment - BUT...
  13. M

Nil Responses .. etc. All, Just to tag a note on the end of this - I've had a lot of views (20 to count) but no responses. Are the questions to technical, to long or to boring for a response? :) Not that I'm stressing - I'm just hoping there are some technically efficient people around...
  14. M

Phpwebhosting are a pain

Call them? I highly recommend you just call them (www.dialpad.com). It will save a lot of hassle - although, from the sounds of things you might get some form of an automated system - and no 'real' human being. Hum... Anyway, as mentioned by someone else - your whois record has the Billing...
  15. M

Thanks guys... clears things up. I was hoping you'd come back and say, "oh there's an 0day uberleet status callled 'h4x0r' ... I would have increased my posts." *grin* Have a good weekend. moz.
  16. M

Cannibals and fresh meat

Managing ManBeef.. Good to see so many people enjoy manbeef.com ... I help manage the site - its hosted at http://www.newgold.net - off the backend of a 1.5mbit DSL connection - thus its swamped all the time... (well a fair bit) -- most Host's wouldn't take it - so we setup OpenBSD w/ Apache...
  17. M

Hi.. Just a quick question. As per Membership status - is there anywhere on the site I can see/read an explination as per how people are deemed/listed as Senior/Junior members? I suspect its by the number of posts they've put to the list or length of time they've been around? ...
  18. M

Firstly, hi to everyone - I just joined the community/forum. Why? ... I'm in need of information as well as hopefully able to answer some questions for some of you along the way as well. I've read through posts from the past 30 days - wide array of topics, sounds like a superb support group...
Back