• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. X

Looking For A Very Specific Hosted Forum

A self plug, www.blazeboard.com is a new one that was rewritten from scratch. :) Just added a file manager module yesterday for end users to upload files and attach it to posts. A couple of new features not seen in other co-branded boards like threaded/vertical view.
  2. X

My ikon board down :(

A lot of the remotely hosted solutions tend to go with popups because the resources needed. It's the same script that powers proboards.com and suddenlaunch.com for example so it's likely will consume the same amount of resources. So popups are the only income to get new boxes for hosting...
  3. X

Another BB/Forum question, but something New

There was also wwwthreads which I believe was bought by Infopop and they have some new thing going with UBB Threads. You had a choice of preference between threaded or flat view. In my opinion, it was good choice for off topic discussions that don't pertain to the original thread topic and...
  4. X

Remotely Hosted Community Services Question

There's been a lot of people on this forum looking for free remotely hosted bulletin boards. Then comes the recommendation of the "best" service. I'm pretty sure there are programmers who come in here seeking what ppl justify as the "best". I am one of them. I've been reading each and every...
  5. X

Most of those remotely hosted bulletin boards...

IMHO, Best Boards is doing something interesting and though pretty new to the game, they'll learn what works and what not. Sure they have a good business model, but how will it work when the layout is quite "cluttered" and looks un appealing to most people. I personally like clean layout...
  6. X

What Bulletin Board Is This?

Actually, this is a modified version of BlazeBoard. How do I know that? I created BlazeBoard and during the first 2 weeks of it's release, this forum (Hip Forums) was one of the few I visited at the time. It's not UBB because it's written in .php3 which was the original extensions of...
  7. X

What kind of resources/books would you recommend for learning PHP?

php.net, just kidding :) If you have some sort of experience with PERL hacking at least, you couldn't go wrong with Core PHP 2nd Edition by Leon Atkins. It's more structured as listing each function and example of how to use it rather than a do it from scratch book. However, I got a good...
  8. X

remote hosted BBS

That's something I really can't figure regarding space and forums. Of course forums takes up space, but not as much as running a file distribution site. If I were to choose whether to run a Flash learning tutorial site or distribute Flash movies, Flash tutorials would be better in that ads...
  9. X

remote hosted BBS

Looks like an interesting discussion, so . . . I'm curious on what makes a remotely hosted board good. Is the features or customizations which makes it look more appealing? What about UI? The reason I ask is that I'm developing a co-branding portal. Yes it is a portal and not a BBS. What I'm...
  10. X

what bulletin board is the fastest

Hi, The URL is http://www.blazeboard.com which is now merging together with http://www.MyCool.com to supply webmaster tools to start their own community. As Justin mentioned, we are merging together many services for FREE. Alot of the features we are working on are still hush-hush, but I...
  11. X

MySQL for vBulliten or phpBB...

I just want to jump in here for a moment. . . :) If you look at the numbers of seconds to produce a page, it's quite wrong for each board due to the fact that each board places the start times and the end times in different positions of the script in which to calculate. phpBB calculates top...
Back