• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. J

Help with Regulation REGEX

Can someone help me with a reg exp. I have a string that looks like this. "Host hostname IPAddress appers to be up." I want to write a regular expresation that would take the hostname and ipaddress out of the string and delete the rest. How can I go about writing an expression that does that.
  2. J

[perl] how to convert a UTC date?

I just started programming in perl, and i have experience with php,vbscript, java, c# etc. I'm having a hard time trying to convert a date into UTC format. I tried using the gmtime() functions, however it returns with a too many arguments when i'm passing the right amount of arguments...
  3. J

php sms uploader

Does anyone know the name of the function to make a form to upload a ringtone to a sprintpcs phone? I have seen a few website that they have this features.
  4. J

[PHP] Detecting proxy.

Is there a way that I can detect if a client is using proxy when he visits my site. I also want to be able to get the original IP address from him.
  5. J

[php] getting MAC Address

is there a way that I can get the Mac Address of a user with php?
  6. J

Parsing a varible into HTML

hi I want to parse a php variable into HTML I know that If i do $var ="something"; i can parse that variable like this echo "$var"; I want to learn how I can parse the variable in this way. echo "{VAR}";
  7. J

MYSQL group by problem.

Hi, I'm having a hard time using group by with mysql let say that i have the following table id ip --------- 2 | 5| 2 | 6| 2 | 7| 1 | 2| 1 | 1| 3 | 3| I want to sum the ip and group them by id and i only want to get the results were ip is greather than 9. So the following...
  8. J

Error Checking with java script.

Lets say i have a form and i create an input text array to hold 3 names <form action=# method=post name=form> <input type=text name=name[0]> <input type=text name=name[1]> <input type=text name=name[2]> <input type=text name=name[3]> <input type=text name=name[4]> <input type=Submit...
  9. J

MYSQL - Integer problem.

There is problem with mysql when you try to do divide two numbers, For example if i do 2/3 , it will return 1 or if I do 5/ 3, it will return 2. For some reason its rounding up the number is there a way that I can tell mysql not to round the number? this is the code that i'm using to do the...
  10. J

ASP-JSCript formating new lines

I need a function to convert hard returns to <br> in a string coming from a textarea (form input)... In php that's nl2br(). in VBScript is The String = replace(TheString, vbCrLf, "<br>") but that doens't work for JScript. can someone help me out on how to do it with JScript? Suggestions?
  11. J

php - setcookie

I'm getting an error when I try to set the cookie. For some reason I get this error when I try to set the cookies. Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mvplea/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/mvplea/public_html/index.php on line 32 and...
  12. J

php - setcookie

I'm getting an error when I try to set the cookie. For some reason I get this error when I try to set the cookies. Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mvplea/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/mvplea/public_html/index.php on line 32 and...
  13. J

javascript

what is wrong with this code. This is what is happening when i click on the radio button is display the message on a new page and I want it to display in the same page. what AM I doing wrong? here is the code <html> <head> <script type="text/javascript"> function check(brow) {...
  14. J

PHP + Javascripts

Is there a way that I can call a php function or variable with javascripts?
  15. J

function?

how can you check if a function exist in the file before you call it?
  16. J

number format?

how do I get rid of the 0 Zero when I'm getting percentage. Lets say if I do this $pct = 2/3; output: 0.667 How do I get the output to just put .667 and makes the 0 to disapear?
  17. J

php-Reading article.

I made my own newsposter and I'm having problem displaying the articles. Let's say if I only want to display the first 50 characters of the article, how do I do that?
  18. J

PHP-Error

I installed php on a windows NT server. and I'm getting this error with a variable. Notice: Undefined variable: sport in \\Pds\Department_Webs\athletics\index.php on line 7
  19. J

PHP- need help using eval

Im using php and mysql. I'm storing my html code into a database table. The database table's structure is a follow templeteid, title, and template. in some of those code I'm using variable so When I put echo the code without eval, the variable doesn't display the result, it will come the...
  20. J

PHP - Webcam

How do I setup a webcam with php to host it on my site?
Back