• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. KapTinKiRk

AdFlight go boom!

I could have sworn i cancelled my AdFlight account months ago, anyway, they emailed me: I haven't visited AdFlight in months, what "other business" do they do? Anyway, another one bites the dust, do do do, another one bites the dust...
  2. KapTinKiRk

What the hell is wrong with kids

Yet another school shooting, this time in California. 2 people dead, 13 wounded. Kids knew he was gonna do it, even asked people to help him, but they thought he was joking. What the hell drives kids to just get up one day and shoot everything in sight. hhmm, writing as I watch TV, he is...
  3. KapTinKiRk

PHP Banner Rotater

Can anyone recommend a (preferably free) banner rotater written in PHP? I'm already aware of phpAds and the listing at hotscripts etc. But I want to know what scripts you have used or have experience with. Right now I use WebAdverts so I guess I want something similar in functionality. A...
  4. KapTinKiRk

trademark, patent, copyright

What is the difference between these three things? I have a faint idea, but just want to know what you would patent, what you would trademark etc. and also where to do it (if its available online) From my guesses, a trademark is on a name, saying you are the only one who can use that name in...
  5. KapTinKiRk

sub-domains

Is there a way, through the use of Perl, PHP, .htaccess or whatever, to create sub-domains that are not simply redirects. So for example, something.mysite.com would have URL's such as something.mysite.com/page/index.html instead of having something.mysite.com redirect to mysite.com/something...
  6. KapTinKiRk

Bush certified president

forget, Blame Canada... Blame Florida. I'm probably gonna sound like a twisted guy living in a shack, stroking his gun, but in a way I am happy Gore didn't win, because if he did, then he would have gotten assasinated. But Bush won, and Bush will get assasinated, if not there will be a hell...
  7. KapTinKiRk

Thanksgiving plans?

What is everyone planning to do/eat on thanksgiving? I won't be doing anything, or going anywhere, and actually won't be cooking a turkey until this weekend. I'll spend most of the day sitting around, working on my site and reading my spanking new Perl book. (I think I should start counting...
  8. KapTinKiRk

resource usage

Some scripts use a lot of system resources, some don't. Is there a way to test a script and see how much resources it uses? It it simply the bandwith, or is it a whole other thing in itself.
  9. KapTinKiRk

MySQL question

I don't know much about MySQL or databases in general, so this might sound stupid to those in the know. But say I have a MySQL database on a host, then I need to move servers. Can I simply back up the database, or download it and then upload it to the new server, and have it work?
  10. KapTinKiRk

Host with sub-domains

I'm looking for a host that supports sub-domains/extra domains, have a great amount of space, around 200-300MB, enough or unmetered bandwith. Also, CGI, PHP, MySQL access. Price isn't really a huge concern, but something around $12-30. The site I need it for will use CGI to dynamically provide...
  11. KapTinKiRk

test ascii

No img tags but nobody said anything about ASCII art, bwahahahahaha... lets see if this works ___________________ _-_ \==============_=_/ ____.---'---`---.____ \_ \ \----._________.----/ \ \ / / `-_-' __,--`.`-'..'-_...
  12. KapTinKiRk

query string question

I'm trying to edit a script so that I can use the query string to decide which directory the script will read. But the thing is I want to do it with numbers. script.cgi?sectionID=2&id=pagename So then '2' will equal to a path name... /path/to/whatever/ and the id query is the name of...
  13. KapTinKiRk

Final Destination

I just rented Final Destination today, along with Scream 3, and now I fear I will suffer from re-occuring nightmares for the rest of my life :( Final Destination is one of the creepiest movies I have seen, I prefer horror movies such as Exorcist, Scream trilogy etc. that involve situations...
Back