• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. S

15GB Space, 175GB Bandwidth and Cpanel

Hi, I understand what your saying AiEmotion. But if your site is actually using the amount of space and bandwidth that you are asking for, then you should be generating some income from it. With that said,, if you want great uptime, well,,, it costs more then that. Most data centers...
  2. S

15GB Space, 175GB Bandwidth and Cpanel

AiEmotion, I have got to ask you a serious question. Do you really expect to find a host with 99.9% uptime that actually offers what your asking for???? I have been a host since 1997, and I can honestly tell you, that IF you find anyone that offers 15 gigs of space, and 175 gigs of...
  3. S

I've Decided to Sell

Wow Robert, I sent you an email before I read this thread all the way through. I hope you get yourself well, and find a rewarding job that will be easier on your health. Many people don't realize the stress that often comes with being a host, let alone running your own business. The...
  4. S

GET RICH FAST! <The Truth about "UNLIMITED" hosting providers>

UGuardian, What you have to understand is that the host is betting that almost none of their clients will come near their hosting plans capacity. If many do,,, well, simply put, a hard drive is only so big,, and only so many can be put in a server. Thus profit can only be made if you can put...
  5. S

out of curiosity..

hello xamax, Actually, most hosts will allow you to host without your own domain name. From what I have seen, it is hard to find ones that require a domain in fact. So, if you like the plans that verohost or others have, just e-mail them and ask if you need something they don't specify on...
  6. S

What happened to Valuablehost.com ?

Hi, They are back now. Perhaps they just removed their full web contents to load a fresh install of their site. it is much nicer not to have a ton of old pages in there when your doing updates. Tim L
  7. S

Need at least 50 Megs, but have no domain

Hello JALman, We have a 50 meg plan with 5 gigs as you requested, and any of our hosting plans can be a sub domain account. If you get a domain name later, just let us know and we will change the name of your site for you, or point the domain at the site - your choice. Though we do have...
  8. S

anyone know them ?

Hi, I have never heard of them before, but that doesn't mean much. I ran a trace, and it went through cogent bandwidth with 27 hops, and slow times all the way through. From my location, on a cable line, I would not use them. Trace from your location though and you will see what...
  9. S

No!! Blast you RedHat~

Hi Carebear, I understand what your saying, and don't take me wrong on this topic... like I said,,, I don't hate windows, i just hate the fact that they keep changing to new versions without fixing the ones out.... that is my only complaint with them. Tim L
  10. S

No!! Blast you RedHat~

Ok, windows 3.1 , windows 95 , windows 98 , windows me.... Hmmm... they did get a lot right with windows 2000 but only the professional version. I haven't had problems with that, but all other distros including XP thank you sucked in capital letters. If they would stick with one...
  11. S

No!! Blast you RedHat~

Carebear, I don't know the date they bought red hat, but they do indeed own it now. The fact of having to pay for the software is not the issue. The issue is that micro soft screws up everything they get their paws into. I be we see hosts moving to other versions of linux rather then...
  12. S

No!! Blast you RedHat~

Yes, that is true. They have a whole division in charge of product management and aquisitions. They are trying to overtake their compitition, instead of coming out with a better product themselves. Sad to think that they are getting away with it too. You think people would never sell...
  13. S

Are LCD screens better for your eyes?

I haven't read much about the LCD's , but I have heard that they are not putting out the radiation like a CRT. I wouldn't think that a few hours a day is anything to worry about though,,, but for many of us, we are in front of our screens for 10 to 15 hours a day, and it is a consern to us...
  14. S

No!! Blast you RedHat~

Well, After I heard that microscrew bought redhad linux, I knew the day would not be too far off that they found a way to make the free system a paid one. THANKS BILLY. Tim L
  15. S

Buying Hosting

I think that is a good decision. It may be a friend also, but he runs a hosting company, and would best be able to support your needs compaired to you being on another friends server that is not used to supporting another persons site. best of luck with your site, Tim L
  16. S

Buying Hosting

I agree with fcolor, Base that desision on your needs for your site, as well as your skill level. A friend is a great thing, but when it comes to making your site run right for you, you may find you need more then he can offer you. If you need things like a controlpanel to create and...
  17. S

Who is your host/What is your hosting company?

Yep :-) I remember dim8... We moved to new smyrna beach... just south of Daytona about 15/20 miles. I found a great tax deduction down here.... Paintball. lol way too much fun, and way too many places to go. Costly when your real involved in it though,,,, so,, make the...
  18. S

Hi Robert, Yes.. I think you did. But I would have to really spend a few hours to dig up that old info...... wich may not even be in the files anymore. We shreaded a lot of real old files before we moved to Florida. ( I just wasn't going to wait for retirement to have nicer weather year...
  19. S

Hi Webdude... I know where your sites are at... but I won't tell :-) By the way Robert,,, your host rocket guess is over 1500 miles away from his machine LOL swb tx Feeling blue ?? nope,, I won't get to the point with this one webdude. When they think host rocket is one...
  20. S

Will a paid host shut down my site if...

Hi, I understand the point your trying to make... However, what your wanting to do is NOT LEGAL in the United States. In fact, there are now laws in place that make a host liable if he is hosting a site selling, or linking to this type of content. If found by the host, they have the...
Back