• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. B

InVue by Fastclick

There are problems with skyscrapers because there's not enough campaigns. The default campaigns are showing all the time. :( And the ctr ratings are also terrible - 10 times lower than with 468 banners.
  2. B

InVue by Fastclick

What do you guys think about the new InVue ads fastclick offers. Are they too annoying for the visitors or not?
  3. B

Need perl help

There seems to be something wrong with the use CGI qw(:standard); use strict; my $user_input = param('filename'); tags. Without the the scripts forwards to the last location in the database. Please help.
  4. B

Need perl help

Damn... I get an internal server error, even though everything looks good (I uploaded in ascii, chmoded everything to 777) :( :( :(
  5. B

voting/poll script

For creating small polls that go on the website I suggest Pollit. It's a great polling script. http://www.cgi-world.com/pollit.html
  6. B

Need perl help

I really need a simple script that'd do this: - open the database file which looks like this id|location|description|count|filename in each line - if the input'd be filename (script.cgi?filename=file.zip) it'd add +1 to the count and then redirect to the user. I got this script...
  7. B

Searching for a fast host ONLY

I suggest Tripod - 50mb, popups or banner ads, ssi... It's fast and reliable.
  8. B

FREE Game Space

In this case unlimited means that they'll give you as much space and tranfer as you need. If you need let's say 1gb of space and 100gb of transfer, they'll give you 1gb and 1mb of space and 101 gb of transfer. From your point of view that is unlimited - you never go over the line.
  9. B

FREE Game Space

All the game hosts offer this. When you need extra space they give it to you, when bandwidth is too high, they just buy more connections. That's how unlimited bandwidth and space is possible. And it looks like this pays off because all the game hosts still accept new sites and they still...
  10. B

Finding The Perfect Host

There is a host with domain hosting, 50 mb of space. ftp, email forwarding and unlimited transfer. You can choose the ads (banners, popup). There's ssi, but no cgi. I used it and I must say it was pretty fast. Here's the url: http://www.freewebsites.com/
  11. B

Need file storage or a server to store my files

Or you can just forget it, because crosswinds is the "best" you can get.
  12. B

How Much Space Do You Think...

For file storage browser upload does fine, but when you have to update the page every day... But these days you can't even have a site which takes more than 100mb on a decent FWP. :( :(
  13. B

How Much Space Do You Think...

Crosswinds was always and still is crap. Their ftp never worked and we all know browser upload sucks.
  14. B

What Do You Look For In A Webhost?

My dream host would have about 30mb of space, all the transfer the site needs, cgi, ssi and would be 100% online for the next 5 years. 486x60 banners are fine - the host must survive. :)
  15. B

Webhosting On my Site

http://www.perlarchive.com/guide/Community_Builders/Home_Pages/ Is this what you're talking about?
  16. B

What do you think of Tripod?

Tripod is a very fast and reliable web host. Because it's a part of Lycos you can expect your site to last for years on Tripod... Currently they only offer ssi. Maybe someday cgi will be available. Who knows... If you have a site that doesn't need any cgi, than Tripod is a good choice.
  17. B

Need free webspace for yabb board

The free host is free.prohosting.com But they don't offer sendmail. Is there a host with cgi and sendmail?
  18. B

Game Host

Most of the game hosts offer "unlimited" space and bandwidth. To find the best just search around the web for game sites - most offer hosting. My suggestion is the UGO game site list.
  19. B

Best FWH in your opinion

You gotta admit that big hosts like Geocities and Tripod are better than the small ones. What's better - to have a host with lots of space, cgi and everything where your site will probably be deleted in a few months because the host'll go down - or a host that hasn't got cgi and php, but is...
  20. B

Your take on pop-unders

The thing is that popups(unders) is the most annoying sort of advertising but it also gets you the most money. When you need money from your website and you don't care about what visitors think about your site then popunders are the best choice.
Back