• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by WRFan

1. W

Does Jaha.dk support php 4.0?

use phpinfo() variable to find out
  2. W

F2S

I see every one is crying here. How about paying them 35 pounds and getting the best hosting on the net? that's just 3 pounds per month, not much. I think it's worth it, since they have always been the best
  3. W

I don't get it - www.webtribe.net - free? + can it be reached my modem users or not?

I registered some accounts on www.webtribe.net - cool server - fast ftp and http, no popups, but they say something about a dialup number you have to use to connect and that it costs money to connect. I don't know what they mean, I am on DSL, I simply registered and uploaded files via ftp...
  4. W

What does your site use?

all languages have their right to exist. it always depends on the availability - for example if you got only a server which supports perl, then you have to use it. I just had to re-write a php script in perl, because my php server is way to slow. besides it depends on what your server can do. I...
  5. W

why is ip address displayed incorrectly on tripod.com?

tripod.com displays wrong ip addresses when I use some cgi scripts which need to know the ip address. somebody knows what the problem is and how to change the perl scripts to fix this? needless to say, on all other server including my own the perl scripts work without problem and the correct ip...
  6. W

Spaceports

file sharing works only on private computers. in universities and firms the ports used by these programmes are usually (but not always) disabled
  7. W

narod.ru

narod.ru is pretty good, I used to use it for years. webspace is indeed unlimited (first 100 mb, then when they are full, you can request another 100 and another etc.). also unlimited bandwidth - this is really true. disadvantages: 1) no linking from other servers (server intercepts all...
  8. W

Am i asking for too much?

barrysworld is down from time to time for several days. nothing is so annoying than a site which can't be reached. If some of my servers is down, I abandon that account immediately. today there are down for 5 hours, then for 3 days and in 2 weeks nobody will visit your website anymore. e.g...
  9. W

Spaceports

filestorage doesn't necessarily mean warez. spaceports is very slow, and, as stated above, the main problem is the impossibility of linking to their cgi servers from other servers. this means no loading of server side scripts into iframe/frame/(i)layer from other servers, no redirectors which...
  10. W

New Host

Themanonthemoon, nobody hates warez /warez hosts, except for capitalist economy. why should anyone hate something that you can get for free? and who cares whether photoshop is warez or not. There are some people like you, not too many, who would do nothing that is illegal even in the smallest...
  11. W

server with coldfusion support?

coldfusion is a technology and a language at the same time developed my macromedia. you can do with it the same things that you can do with perl, php, apache:asp, vbs asp or jsp asp. you have to install the coldfusion server and copy a module to your apache modules directory and also add some...
  12. W

server with coldfusion support?

Thanx for the link
  13. W

Webhost with F2s speeds?

don't know what connection my university uses, but I tried at my university in Germany, at another one in the UK and at my home in Germany (dsl connection) and f2s has always been very fast, much faster than any other server. There are even differences in speed if you are on dsl, and f2s is the...
  14. W

Promoting my site?

took me one year to get on google. and even now I don't get too many hits from google. a good option are toplists, I get up to 250 people per day from just one of them. get a good ranking on several lists and you have more visitors than your server can take
  15. W

Webhost with F2s speeds?

what a nonsense. f2s has always been the fastest server on the net: 3 seconds to connect to ftp, just a couple of minutes to upload the phpnuke files. site is reached within 2 seconds. When testing scripts I always used my f2s server, even if there are 5 servers and support for all languages...
Back