• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by webbinho

1. W

GoDaddy puts itself up for sale - 1 billion dollars

There is also great chance that GoDaddy will continue the operate in the same manner as before the sale.
  2. W

How Do You Decide What Hosting Is Best?

I don't know if it's important to look for the best. If host has all the features you need, reasonable price and good reviews, it is good option to choose. Probably, there is a better host out there, but do you need to have the best one? Here's one poll about who is the best web hosting company...
  3. W

GoDaddy puts itself up for sale - 1 billion dollars

A lot of sites are reporting the same news: http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=godaddy+on+sale
  4. W

Making love to Ubuntu

I have recently switched to ubuntu from xp. It took me few days to configure everything the way I want and install all applications I need, but now I'm more than satisfied. And wouldn't "degrade" back to xp.
  5. W

Navigation Drop Down Menu needed

Great solution for that is jquery superfish plugin. Easy to implement, great looking and seo friendly: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/Superfish
  6. W

Domain pricing gone nuts.

Check out name.com. They are great domain registrar and offer .com domains for $9.99.
  7. W

Best software for web designing?

The only one that I use is notepad++. Great text editor from Sourceforge. If you want WYSIWYG software you may try Dreamweaver. IMO it is better to learn how to design web pages with notepad++ or similar text editors.
  8. W

Help me.

It seems that you need to learn the basics. It would be better to first go to some sites like w3schools and when you learn the basic stuff then ask on forums more specific questions.
  9. W

Please review my site

I see nothing but header. Header looks nice. Wouldn't it be better to finish the whole site and then ask for a review?
  10. W

Best Place to Buy Advertising for Website?

Be careful when buying links cause Google could deindex your website. If you still want to do it, it is best to arrange them on one on one basis instead of using some service/network for that. Lesser chance to get caught. I have never bought any link, to scared of big G.
  11. W

Domain registration

One important caveat is here the classification of keywords in the domain (regarding trademark issues). Different rules applies to the words in the domain names based on category they belong: arbitrary, suggestive, descriptive or generic. You can use apple.org if you will not involve into IT...
  12. W

Wasted domains

Some of them are good names, maybe you could sell them for more than registration fee. Of course, developing a website for them should be more profitable, but I don't agree that quality website can be build in less than a week. And to get some traffic to it it WILL require effort. It is not that...
Back