• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by triafro

1. T

broadband

My village has 40-50 I think, you can download a flyer on the BT website to drum up support in your village for people to register on various ISPs. I think I might do that and usher in the new century round here!!
  2. T

broadband

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll find out about the satellite and wireless options. I checked availability on the freeserve and BT websites and both said it was unavailable. BT won't say how many people have to register an interest in the exchange for a 'review' to be 'triggered'. Cheers
  3. T

broadband

I live in the UK and would like to get broadband, however, my area is not enabled by BT and I do not have cable. Are there any other options available to me in order to get broadband? THanks
  4. T

small business hosting

I am looking for a cheap, reliable web hoster with support in the UK that I can host my simple website of about 8 pages or so for my shop containing only pictures, text and an e mail link. Any suggestions? I also need an unlimited access ISP that allows one to have an Explorer e mail account...
  5. T

Free HTML Editor

Hi, I have downloaded evrsoft's firstpage but my comp says that there is an error opening the zipped file that was downloaded and is corrupt?! Does anyone know of another good, free downloadable HTML editor? Thanks in advance.
  6. T

message board

Hi, If I want to put a message board on my own website is it worth learning to design one? Is this hard? Or should I use a download? Any suggestions for good free ones? Any approximations as to how much space these take up so I have an idea for web hosting? Thanks.
  7. T

redirect?

hi, novice here with a stupidly simple question but just need clarification if that's OK. By 'redirect' I assume that you mean that if someone owns say 4 domain names, these services that you are talking about, in the above threads, will point 3 of them to the 1 original master website. Is...
  8. T

Changing registration location

So he does have to renew his registration with the expensive company before he can transfer to another registration company? Any recommendations about companies to transfer to? A re-direct service would be desirable if it were cheap or free but not essential. Thanks.
  9. T

ad-free free redirect?

redirect? hi, novice here with a stupidly simple question but just need clarification if that's OK. By 'redirect' I assume that you mean that if someone owns say 4 domain names, these services that you are talking about, in the above threads, will point 3 of them to the 1 original master...
  10. T

Changing registration location

Hi, A friend of mine (who knows even less about the internet than I do!) registered a domain name with a company last year. He has just got the bill to renew the registration for the coming year and showed it to me. It is way more than I have ever paid for a web address. Is there anyway of...
  11. T

Free domain hosting for .co.uk site

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a service that provides a free (or v v low cost) web hosting service for a .co.uk domain (that I have already registered). Netfirms.com looked good but it doesn't appear to support .co.uk domains and I have heard that www.portland.co.uk and...
  12. T

programming tutorials

Anyone know of any good tutorials that teach you how to write a web page beyond basic requirements e.g. for an e business site or something to a high level? Also, what about programming languages available to learn that it is possible to remotely log onto the internet with or set up demos...
  13. T

recording mp3s onto tapes?

Thanx, will check it out.
  14. T

free webhoster with own site name

Thanx Thanx, might go for www.redstationhosting.com, 8 pounds for registering + 1 yr free hosting no strings.
  15. T

recording mp3s onto tapes?

Does anybody know if it is possible to record mp3 from my computer onto tape cassette through my stereo? Can u suggest a product, any idea of price, simplicity etc? Cheers
Back