• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by ProQ

1. P

alistapart.com

for those of you who feel confident about their web skills... you should check that site out on how to make yourself better ;).
  2. P

viveHosting.com - can I trust them?

if the server is down, I expect a reason within half an hour in at least the forum and an update on when it'll be up hehe. For this type of pricing, is there a host that answers within the hour?
  3. P

they got back to me in 2 hours when I asked about a custom plan. Is that pretty good response time?
  4. P

I never heard of them, but they seem pretty good. Can anyone fill me in about them? I don't want to make an uninformed decision ;).
  5. P

How much should I sell hosting packages for?

if you got a free account from a friend, don't start this business. You will get into a big disappointment if you become successful and he decides he wants to take it from you.
  6. P

How much should I sell hosting packages for?

I'm also a startup but not a reseller... The way I do it is formulated. I'm not going to reveal the actual way I did it, but you need to figure out your business costs, how much you think you should earn, and how many clients you plan to host in your account/server. You can't just pick a price...
  7. P

To all webhosts

ok thx for your opinions... I appreciate your help especially when some prefer to not help just because im possible competition which is rather disappointing. I was aiming towards ensim, but thankfully your words and some more looks at the different versions/skins of cPanel made me decide to go...
  8. P

What do you look for in a web host?

Hi, I'm currently in plans to start up a new web host and will base it upon feedback I get from tutorialforums.com and freewebspace.net. My current questions are: what do you look for in a web host? What features do you expect a host to have? What are your turnoffs from a webhost? What makes you...
  9. P

To all webhosts

Do you remember what version of Ensim you used? Could you name a few features Ensim is lacking? I need some hard facts because I want to make the right decision for myself based on what I think I need.
  10. P

To all webhosts

I took the dedicated server route. I have experience with cPanel, but am leaning towards Ensim... I hate Plesk for sure. So, can you guys help me through a final decision between the pro version of Ensim or cPanel? btw, thx for your reply, dynamohosting. Could you be more specific as to why you...
  11. P

To all webhosts

Hi, I am thinking about entering the host market and start my own web host, I don't have much experience with the different systems that would make my job easier. Could any of you tell me about your opinions on the following systems and which you would prefer? -Ensim -cPanel -Plesk Any...
  12. P

Any web hosts looking for staff?

Hi, My name is Jeffrey Tavares. I am looking for a job with a hosting company because I feel I can do the job well. I don't have any past experiences, but I have good experience with web development and computers in general. I know the ins and outs of a computer and have had my fair share of...
  13. P

damn mysql

you forgot the semicolon at the end of each line( ; )
  14. P

what do you want in a CMS?

believe me... I have thought of a pretty good way to implement the CMS. One thing I need suggestions on is the templating system... For restrictive scripts like news It's easier but in a CMS, It has to be powerful yet very flexible to be productive on the whole site. any suggestions as to how to...
  15. P

what do you want in a CMS?

I'm starting to type up details for a Content Management System... I, myself, don't use CMS cuz the majority have a long learning curve or just plain suck. So, I'm going to create something even I would use. Something more flexible. I won't get into details, but I need some more...
Back