• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by pageSpot

1. P

pageSpot.net -- Free linux hosting, NO ADS/POSTS!

We have the these FREE plans available: Bronze: 500 megabytes space / 10 gigabytes transfer Silver: 1000 megabytes space / 50 gigabytes transfer Gold: 2000 megabytes space / 100 gigabytes transfer Linux hosting, DirectAdmin control panel, fast servers! Visit: http://www.pagespot.net
  2. P

We have the these FREE plans available: Bronze: 500 megabytes space / 10 gigabytes transfer Silver: 1000 megabytes space / 50 gigabytes transfer Gold: 2000 megabytes space / 100 gigabytes transfer Linux hosting, DirectAdmin control panel, fast servers! Visit: http://www.pagespot.net
  3. P

4. P

Server Security on Dedicated Servers

You can also hire a server hardening service if you need the peace of mind. Many of them offer one-time hardening options so you don't have to pay monthly for management.
  5. P

If the user is trusted and has a good reason for such requirements, then I don't think that would be a problem. There's no hard and fast rules because we look at each site on an individual basis.
  6. P

It's something we'd have to discuss on a case-by-case basis... We insist on a quick chat first just to ensure there are no abusive users. Some people want to do things that aren't illegal (e.g. IRC eggdrop bot) but we'd still say no to something like that.
  7. P

We are still developing our site but have the following plans available: Bronze: 500 megabytes space / 10 gigabytes transfer Silver: 1000 megabytes space / 50 gigabytes transfer Gold: 2000 megabytes space / 100 gigabytes transfer Linux hosting, DirectAdmin control panel, fast servers...
  8. P

Craigslist Ads

GeorgeB: I've found the same thing as the other poster.. Craigslist isn't the best place and even if you do generate business from it then you will find the people to be very thrifty and demanding.
  9. P

subdomain question

Same advice: "Create" a subdomain in your control panel first, then the contents of that directory will show up in your subdomain. Creating a subdirectory isn't enough because the webserver needs to know you intend it to be a subdomain (something your control panel sets for you when you use the...
  10. P

"who" is telus?

I have to echo stuffradio on this one... Telus is a huge company (telecom) so they are 100% legitimate. Certainly not here today, gone tomorrow. I'll also confirm that they can be a royal pain to deal with sometimes. :biggrin2:
  11. P

What are some free image host?

Has anyone mentioned imgur yet? Very nice image hosting and a LOT less painless than tinypic or similar sites.
  12. P

Who loves windows 7?

I'd have to agree with deeplist. Personally I've installed Windows 7 for home users and they love it. However, a lot of businesses are still buying XP licenses and won't even touch Windows 7. I even saw that IBM/Lenovo is still including XP with some of the Thinkpads. A lot of people have...
  13. P

What do most customers look for?

I'd say the control panel is one of the first things people look at. It never hurts to offer one of the popular panels (Cpanel or Directadmin) because a less-popular control panel might scare people off. If it's paid hosting you are talking about, then I think one of these is a must!
  14. P

Free Hosting Partner Needed

I'm guessing there would be some financial partnership if the service started offering a paid-hosting option? At the moment he's not asking for money, and only a couple hours a week of time, so it might be good practice for someone. Or even a good project for a designer's portfolio.
  15. P

Free hosting control panel for CentOS 5?

Webin is free but don't expect it to match cpanel/Directadmin in terns of features. However I discovered one "plus" with Webmin: We installed DirectAdmin over top and both seemed to function fine with no data damage. So it was a painless control panel upgrade. (Caveat: This was a couple...
Back