• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by gazz

1. G

Why doesnt this code work?

Ok great, the first part works. I dont userstand why it works and mine didnt but it does. now the else statement: else { ### Display particular poem. $FILENAME = $ENV{'QUERY_STRING'}; print<<EOF; <table width="600" bgcolor="FFFFFF" border="0"> <tr><td> EOF open(FILE,"<$FILENAME")...
  2. G

Doesnt anybody have a clue??
  3. G

Im writting a script that first displays all the poem files in a directory by their title inside the file. Each file starts off by the poem title and has a pipe '|' after it to parse with. The script is suppost to first come up with a list of all the poem titles gotten from the files. It links...
  4. G

Declaring constants

Thanks Grant, thats what I was looking for. That unless DEBUGGING idea rocks!
  5. G

Declaring constants

How do I declare constants in Perl? Or are there any constants in perl?
  6. G

Is perl an OOP language?

HoOw modular is Perl as far as langs like C++? I just broke 1000 lines of code in my game in perl and its starting to become very unmanageable. Its still split into 15 cgi files and 7 .pl files but its still a lot of work. If Perl had classes such as C++ I could easily halve my code right...
  7. G

How to handle time with CGI

THANKS everyone who responded. Im using your method Adam, I am not sure if it works 100% yet but I am confident it will. And thanks for that code snipet, I didnt realise there was an int() converter as in C in Perl too. I was unsing the sprintf( etc etc to limit my decimal places. Ill be...
  8. G

Thats an interesting idea. Why do they start at 1976 though? Wont that leave a very very long number? I dont know how perl handles its varialbes yet.. does it have a long equiv for this? HOw would I do it seperatly? could i do that? Also.. how do I split a string up without using a pipe...
  9. G

I save the time the user last loggs in and compair it to the time the user has currently logged in at. I save 10 digits, the month, the day, the hour and the minute. If any field is less than 10 I put a 0 infront of it. So say it was November 5th, 11:30. I save 11051130 My question is HOW...
Back