• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by fury

1. F

What sport is your favourite to watch?

BOXING!!! too bad that's not in the poll...
  2. F

Stargate Inc - DNS Nameservers

Not sure what you mean by the name server stuff. Their panel allows you to set the nameservers and IP of whatever host you want your domain pointed to. If your talking about the more advanced features like setting A, CNAME, MX records, then your domain must be using Stargate's nameservers...
  3. F

very cheap host: about $10 per year

or you could offer the plan, but not provide any tech support at all, and no trial period and no refund... but in any case, $10 bucks a year is probably not worth the hassle...
  4. F

Stargate slow?

chances are that something messed up. registrations are supposed to be done in real time, so your domains should be registered right away. you got email confirmation that the domains were registered? try getting a hold of stargate's live humanclick support (see their FAQ page), and they can...
  5. F

Picture archive script

yes, I meant both, the script will create the thumbnails and generate the appropriate HTML code to link the thumbnails to the regular sized ones. but the serving part is not my main challenge though As for the anti-leech part, I thought of several things, one was to have a cron job rename...
  6. F

Picture archive script

damn netfirms!!! they disabled my account because I posted that file. according to my bandwidth stats, only one lucky person was able to download it.. ah well, doesn't matter anyway. I'm already with a paid host. if anyone else wants the file, let me know and i'll post it up somewhere...
  7. F

Loads of new FWPs

Got my confirmation email for my account at mnvalley. FTP seems really fast. Not sure if CGI is working properly since I don't know the path to perl. http://www.mnvalley.net/~fury/ http://www.mnvalley.net/~fury/phpinfo.php
  8. F

longest thread

how do you pronounce giancarlo? with a soft "g" or a hard "g"?
  9. F

Transfer From DirectNic To Stargate

Have you tried looking up your domains in Stargate's Whois? Maybe they might show up there if they've transferred over. There might be a glitch in your account.
  10. F

Whats you favorite...............?

I'm a Steven Seagal fan. Some of my favs are Undersiege 1&2, Exit Wounds. I also liked Gladiator, Crouching Tiger, Saving Private Ryan, and Forest Gump.
  11. F

Olympics 2008

No.. I don't think he was being racist. He just wanted to have the Olympics there. In fact, there are huge chinese/asian communities in Toronto. I am from Toronto as well, but I am not surprised that we lost the bid.
  12. F

Olympics 2008

he's from Toronto..
  13. F

How to transfer files from a laptop to a desktop?

I don't think his old laptop will have usb. But yes, I think it is possible using a USB cable as well.
  14. F

Picture archive script

ok, that site works if I use an anonymizer service, must be something wrong with my connection there.. anyway, I posted GD versions 1.15 to 1.18 all in one zip file for anyone to download. http://fury.netfirms.com/GD.zip
  15. F

Picture archive script

Hmm, that site doesn't seem to work for me. I have an old CD full of perl modules collected in 1998. I have versions of GD from 1.15 to 1.18. I briefly read the readme file for GD 1.15 and it says it can create gif files. I'll look into it further when I have time this weekend.. I post up...
Back