• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by Dave114

1. D

How can I improve my site?

Isn't it a bit redundant to have two complete sets of links when the one set is already equipped with ALT tags? Or do you think that I should drop the existing content table on the left?
  2. D

I spent a few days trying to dream up a logo, but no name really seems to suit the site other than the domain name and that seems somewhat pointless to incorporate into a logo. Why don't you like the existing graphical content table? ALT tags are in place for those who don't feel like or...
  3. D

I figured that it was about time that I had a website that was presentable to the average person. Over the course of my spring break I whipped up a little something, and now I'm trying to figure out where I can improve it. I currently run a discussion forum to keep in touch with a few...
  4. D

Can you get Namezero to set CNAME's and MX Records

Well... then email them and ask... they're the ones with the answer to your question. I know they do let you change nameservers... so its not too much of a leap to get an mx server change I'd think.
  5. D

Cheapest .CA domain

Here's a cheap one Never tried them but they're got the lowest prices I've come across: http://www.domainsatcost.ca/
  6. D

DNS and namecheap

Hmn... are you sure that you don't want to use A records or CNAMEs instead of URL-forwarding? URL-forwarding will only take care of getting you there... it doesn't really handle much beyond that. NameCheap is a reseller of eNom.
  7. D

What about Hypermart?

I'll never touch them again I used to have several (free) accounts with VirtualAve (HyperMart bought them up). I'm slowly migrating my sites to pay hosting right now, and would never even give the slightest consideration to them. Why: a lack of communication... at least once or twice they...
  8. D

namecheap problem...

It's probably the syntax you use when specifying your dns servers. Just throw in your dns servers' names (eg. ns1.myhost.com & ns2.myhost.com) ... one per space and don't specify IPs. I've known others who had similar problems and I think that was what cleared them up.
  9. D

pay for exactly what you use

True.... but using those resources takes up such things as cpu time, bandwidth, and diskspace. Read the FAQ. They charge for such things as the cpu usage on their systems when you do such things as poll the system for mail.
  10. D

pay for exactly what you use

Sounds cool Sounds kinda cool. I can understand why web-hosts need to limit traffic, disk space, and cpu time, but why place a limit on the number of email accounts, subdomains and all that other fun stuff.
  11. D

www.cyberwings.com

Anyone have any experience with them?
  12. D

Comments please

Re: thats a good idea argh.... u'v got me started on thinking.... i've actually started the planning stage of a crop duster game
  13. D

Comments please

Re: thats a good idea crop dusters? never see 'em.... i see trains at least once in a while (saw the usual sry local this afternoon.... just ridiculous.... about 6 locos pulling 6 cars) the one other site i'm updating.... http://trains.virtualave.net is getting a similar coat of...
  14. D

Comments please

hmn.... ticalc.com gives me a dns error.... ticalc.org (could this be what u meant?) is on page 2 of the math section.... perhaps I should make that next page button somewhat more prominent. (lol.... http://www.ti83railfan.com is a website I put together with a couple of friends.... just as a...
  15. D

Comments please

Please checkout my site: http://homework.virtualave.net I finally got around to coding a bit of perl (some of it is mine.... but still mostly 3rd party scripts) as well as revamping the templates the site is built upon. Just wandering what I might want to add/edit to hopefully retain a...
Back