• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by birkitty

1. B

Anyone ever tranfered a domain from namezero?

Upgrading they did immediately. Getting the registration changed took longer than 3 weeks for mine... considerably longer in one case.
  2. B

Anyone ever tranfered a domain from namezero?

I managed to get 2 out. Seemed like a good idea, long ago - never again with a "free" domain! Basically, you have to sign up for namezero plus and follow the rules to get yourself listed as administrative contact. Once you have that, any registrar can move it for you. One word of warning -...
  3. B

Best registrar?

I like directnic.com for all the features. Namecheap would be my choice from your list though.
  4. B

Newbie question!

Most host give you a mailbox. Yours doesn't?
  5. B

Newbie question!

I'd just register a domain at your favorite registrar... Powerpipe is under $8 at the moment, and go over to dixiesys.com for hosting ($3.95/mo), which gives you hosting and mail.
  6. B

MyDomain.Com

Mydomain.com is a DNS host. You don't get web space; you get DNS control over the domain. You still have to come up with physical hosting, which you may or may not have to pay for, and registry fees. I believe mydomain.com has a pet hosting company, but that isn't included in the free services.
  7. B

what about this site!!!!!!!!

Name Cheap and Power Pipe are both good. Go Daddy is OK, but my experience with them shows them to be sort of slow - a day or two slower than the others.
  8. B

No, I did not send a photo copy. They never asked, and the card went through with no problems, so they had no reason to.
  9. B

They sure aren't the fastest people in the world though!!! I get faster service from reg2c.
  10. B

.name pre-registrations close on 5/16

Personally, I see the .name thing as a complete waste. (They should have approved some more useful domains... instead we get aero, museum, name, etc.) Then again, I have TLDs on my family name in .info, .org and .us varieties and can create a subdomain that looks just like a .name already. :)
  11. B

Better to register Domain/Host Space at same place, or separtely?

I have only one domain that came with hosting. The host locked the domain, so I can't transfer it out, and I'm fixing to leave the host when our contract expires in a month or so. (Slowness, reliability issues.) Luckily the domain is worthless to anybody else but me, but I probably won't get...
  12. B

Where can I register **.com.kg and **.com.ru ?

Kyrgystan started charging a few months ago. I believe they want $6.25 for a .com.kg. Anyway, with generic TLDs going for about a buck more, I decided not to avail myself of the opportunity to continue my relationship with them. "_
  13. B

How long do .WS domains take to work?

I got my .ws thru NameCheap, and it was working almost as fast as I could set the host up to accept it. We're talking about an hour here. Of course, picking the right registrar no doubt helped. :)
  14. B

how can I get this domain name??

Is it overly important to have the .org? A quick whois check pulls both the .com and .net available.
  15. B

know you get a lot of these requests, but....

Try a few other registrars. There are quite a few that resell .nu domains. Personally, I think they're overpriced, but if you want one you can get it.
Back