• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by anastasia

1. A

ThriftyHost Grand Opening!

ThriftyHost.net would like to announce it's grand opening, and share with you the plans currently being offered: Starter Plan 100 MB Disk Space 1 GB Monthly Data Transfer $1.99/month Basic Plan 300 MB Disk Space 3 GB Monthly Data Transfer $5.99/month Super Plan 500 MB Disk...
  2. A

question about addr.com

I was one of those people who was offered a free year of hosting with them. I was getting ready to change hosts anyway, so I decided to give it a try. I bought a nice sized reseller package for the rest of my sites (with total-host.net who, btw, is great so far) then put the other one with...
  3. A

Better Than Spiral Host?

How about total-host.net? I see they have advertised here and have been around since 2001. This package looks good to me, and they take paypal too: 15000 MB Space 150 GB Bandwidth Unlimited Domains 2 Dedicated IPs SSL PHP/CGI/PERL/SSI Unlimited MySQL Databases $28/month I was...
  4. A

Better Than Spiral Host?

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I have a reseller plan because I have multiple domains and some of them get a lot of traffic, and it eventually made sense to have an account like this rather than separate accounts for every site (which was a pain). I can't imagine actually using as...
  5. A

Better Than Spiral Host?

I currently have a reseller package with spiralhost.com. They've been pretty good, but I've been wanting to shop around a little since I didn't do much of that before picking them out. This is what I have right now: 100 Domain Capacity 4600 MB Disk Space 46 GB monthly traffic Free Setup...
  6. A

PHPBB And Ad Revenues?

I haven't used a company to turn a profit from running their ads in about 4 years now, so I'm not sure what the market is like anymore. But I do have a few questions and I thought someone here could help. My first question is this - the entire website is a message forum community that is a...
  7. A

Question About Domain Renewal

That's a great idea except for the fact that when I renewed this domain Stargate accepted my payment and extended the name another year. The point is that now they're crying to me that they lost the payment due to something on their end and no fault of my own. If I give you money for something...
  8. A

Question About Domain Renewal

I got the following letter from Stargate last week: Thank you for choosing Stargate for your Registration / Hosting needs. We truly appreciate your business. Recently, you visited our website and processed a charge on your credit card. For reasons beyond our control, we were unable to settle...
  9. A

Availability After Expiration? (With A Twist)

Saga closed. I just checked with GoDaddy and the name was dropped so I reregistered with them. At a dollar less than what Stargate would have charged and I prefer their system anyway. I referred several people to Stargate but you can be sure I'll tell even more about their terrible customer...
  10. A

Well, I've gone back and forth a lot, and as in the past, I've found the staff to be kind of rude and not too helpful. The guy I'm dealing with keeps telling me to give him my credit card number and when I register the name he'll "make sure" I'm only charged 9.95 instead of 13.95. This is...
  11. A

Wanted to add that I got a reply from Stargate. I was told the two charges of $9.95 were authorizations, not actual charges and that they will reverse those. Fine. Not a big deal. However, the guy then told me to go ahead and register the name again. So Stargate's answer to their system...
  12. A

This sounds like a question we all see a lot, but this situation is slightly different. I have a domain that expired yesterday. I attempted not once, but twice, to renew it with Stargate. I was told the registration failed and received emails from Stargate informing me of that as well...
  13. A

Opinion on Stargate..??

Stargate I had a few problems getting my domains initially registered (and transferred) to Stargate, but once that was done, everything has seemed okay. I now have (gasp) 16 domains registered with them. The fact that they've increased all their prices so much has to play a factor in...
  14. A

Help with Stargate Inc.

Buggy Stargate Their registration IS buggy. I have 11 domains under them, and I've had problems about 3 times when registering. The first time I used them I was charged THREE times and had to get their billing department to back off the additional charges. They also say (in the fine print)...
  15. A

Prime Net Hosting

I've been using Prime Net Hosting (www.primenethosting.com) for over a year now, and I've never seen them mentioned here as a host. So I'd like to recommend them to anyone looking for a web hosting provider. I do not work for this company, and although they do have a referral program, I'm...
Back