• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Disney Star Wars

Meksilon

NLC
About time Lucas sold Lucasfilm. Disney, I'm not thrilled about, but hey at least now we have a decent chance of seeing the original trilogy released unaltered on Bluray (one can only hope).

As for new movies, well, I'm not convinced this is a good idea until I see it. What would the story line be? Who would be the characters?

I'm going to go see it, but with absolutely no delusions about it being a quality film. Could be entertaining though, and how much worse could it be than the prequels?

I'm cautiously optimistic knowing that George Lucas doesn't have his hands all over it.

Casting and direction is going to be huge. It's not like you can get original cast.

There is more to Star Wars than just the big 6. Hundreds of thousands of additional stories exist that Disney could be choosing from to make the 7th movie.

But just the fact that it won't be the original cast or the original studio means a drastic overhaul to the whole feel of it, much like how new Star Trek is so different from classic Star Trek even though they are the same characters and similar plots.

I won't bother with Star Wars episode 7 till I find the DVD release in the bargain bin.

There is more to Star Wars than just the big 6. Hundreds of thousands of additional stories exist that Disney could be choosing from to make the 7th movie.

But just the fact that it won't be the original cast or the original studio means a drastic overhaul to the whole feel of it, much like how new Star Trek is so different from classic Star Trek even though they are the same characters and similar plots.

I won't bother with Star Wars episode 7 till I find the DVD release in the bargain bin.

How many did he write himself? There are some books I have read of Star Wars that wouldn't be bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic knowing that George Lucas doesn't have his hands all over it.
Sadly Lucas WILL have his hands "all over it", and given Disney's track record at this, they may or may not actually exercise their right to creative control.
Casting and direction is going to be huge. It's not like you can get original cast.
Actually that's exactly what he's done. Before the sale went ahead, Lucas contacted Hamill, Fisher and Ford and had them all agree to return for the next three of the six movies. Hamill is said to be certain to return. Anthony Daniels will probably return too.

The other thing Lucas did, was he took his "drafts" (or "notes" if you prefer) to screenwriters and had them prepare proper drafts for the next six movies that he could present to Disney. Disney's plan is to release episodes VII-XII beginning with VII, VIII and XI in 2015, 2017 and 2019 respectively. Whether or not they stay to this schedule is yet to be seen. They haven't yet made public a release schedule for X, XI and XII but their plan is to release a new SW movie "every 2-3 years".

Back