• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What would you do?

Just keep it short and sweet.

"I have thought over your offer, and I decline. I'm looking for at least $400 as a minimum bid for the domain. If we cannot come to an agreement, I will keep the domain, and brand name."

Just keep it short and sweet.

"I have thought over your offer, and I decline. I'm looking for at least $400 as a minimum bid for the domain. If we cannot come to an agreement, I will keep the domain, and brand name."

Hello Greg

We have thought over your offer and received further legal advice, and we decline. We're looking for at least $450 as a minimum for the domain. If we cannot come to an agreement, we will keep the domain, and brand name.

With the legal advice we have received, we have been told that as wowvps is NOT a registered trademark in any country, there is no further grounds that you would stand apart from loss of business which would be very hard to prove.

As to your statement before about abusing your generosity, we do not feel this is abusing. But after checking out the costs of the re-brand, we are going to be losing a decent alexa ranking and the many hits that come through the website. So we have considered the costs of the re-design and to fully re-advertise the new brand name. We feel that $450.00 is enough to settle this.

With Thanks,
Jason Scales
Chief Executive Officer
WOW Technologies UK

How does that sound?

Last edited:
After reading the thread,

Dude you my man YOU AIMED TOO LOW!!
$450 are you kidding?

If he is serious about it, go for a $1000

But now you've already sent out that email, i say just f** with him now honestly, no point in selling it, he'll big a big --- thread on WHT, "SO the CEO OF VPSWOW Jason S. has resigned his post and has given his company humbly as a servant to us"

LOL you know its comin

don't do it, f** with him tell him you're from Vietnam and you need money wired to him through western bank, but you have to first get it through your brother in Nigeria

Lmao go do it!!

Hey Jason, you might wanna check out this site: http://patft.uspto.gov/

I tried searching his patent/trademark, and it's not there.....vpswow or wowvps either way it's not there so the guy is obviously bluffing...

If you wanna take it a step further, just give them a call, they have nothing better to do than answer you call...and if it's a call from the uk you'll just be wasting like 5 dollars over seas call and you can confirm that this is a bluff and no lawyer needed, if he gets one he's going to have a hell of a job to beat you in court.

Hey,

What if he were to register it as a trademark in the next month or so and they say "Now we have a case" I'd be left in the ----pan then.

Hey,

What if he were to register it as a trademark in the next month or so and they say "Now we have a case" I'd be left in the ----pan then.
Has a good point.

I was thinking about him doing that reading the whole thread.

Alongside,

How hard would it be to get a friend to register it in UK?

If they live there it wouldnt be to hard now would it?

He's just black mailing you basically, register it and f*ck him in the hole where it hurts the most!

[HW]Dan;1033815 said:
He's just black mailing you basically, register it and f*ck him in the hole where it hurts the most!

Trademark reg costs a lot though right?

I'll happily post your chat from July before you began business and all
correspondence in public for the public to decide then. I cant really
believe your stance and rejecting my generosity for such trivial amounts
risking your very livelihood with damages. Just a hand ful of the public
threads that show many many others being confused by your deliberate use
of the name you knew to be wrong in the first place is jsut...well I
just don't understand your decision here, good luck Jason. You should be
paying us not the other way around so don't think I'll drop to some
level of extortion which is exactly what this has become.

Im not rejecting our talks, because its best to be discussing this but
Id advise you to think more on this before I hit fwd to other people, my
lawyer, pr, and other channels. Id rather spend $450 on press releasing
this ridiculous stance your taking than give it to you. My previous
acceptance of anything was more than fair, I shouldnt have to pay a
dime. Id rather have you paying us for damages, legal fees, and
releasing the domain so maybe we can still recoup a profit on it. Please
take a few days to rethink this approach.

Best Regards,

Greg L.
JaguarPC.com - CEO

I'm not even sure how I should reply to this. I personally think he's getting worried about that fact that I haven't accepted his stupid offer beforehand.

Last edited:
Jason...go get a trademark on the name or something legal showing it is yours and tell him to go play in traffic. Thats the best option I see here

Jason...go get a trademark on the name or something legal showing it is yours and tell him to go play in traffic. Thats the best option I see here
I agree with tracker now if anything is your best chance to trademark it and be on your way

I agree with tracker now if anything is your best chance to trademark it and be on your way

Should I just get a UK trademark? I think, after looking at the costs, I would consider the UK trademark.

GBP £200 to apply to register a UK Trade Mark; this includes one class of goods or services
GBP £50 for every other class you apply for,

Last edited:
Back