• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should drafts still be held?

Should there still be drafts?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

niv

striking reality
NLC
There are many 18+-year olds that would do anything to disassociate themselves from war. I want to know what you think. You may want drafts, you may not. I don't think it's fair to take people against their will to do something they don't want to do.

Oh, I might add, be damned if I'm goin' to war. I'd haul ass out of this country as fast as I possibly could by whatever means I could and not look back.

I'm not, what you might call, pro-war. :)

Originally posted by Dusty
Should there still be a draft? There never should have been one to begin with.
You remember hearing about the 1860s draft riots in US History classes? The government should have known better that some people do not like war, and in a democracy, they should have the choice to do whatever they wanted to do, whether that be go off to arms, or sit your ass down and stay put.

I think conscription (draft) should be held only if casualties outnumber enlistments. I believe that many americans wont mind fighting for their country after what has happened.

I think in this day of technology, if casualties outnumber enlistments, then there's a problem that needs to be fixed....and a draft isnt the answer.

I dont even know why people are worrying about a draft, it wont happen.

Back