• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your take on pop-unders

jiminsd

With getting clicks, leads and sales seeming to be more difficult these days... what do you think of pop-unders. I have hated them but I wonder if they and pop-ups (which I absolutely won't do) are the only sure way to make a couple of bucks today. Are they worth it? Good and bad experiences appreciated.

depends if you're a publisher or an advertiser

for the publisher popunders are pretty good, with the only bad thing being you might loose some visitors

for advertisers i consider them rather overpriced, as i never pay attention to them...

From a publishers view popups (unders) will definetly get you more money than any other kind of advertising.

Pop-unders are so much better than pop-ups. They are probably the best and most effective type of ads beating the snot out of banners, pop-ups, and the all-evil adframes.

For me, popups + popunders = same gibberish!

Users will ALWAYS close popups and popunders before the fully load, never enough revenue or profit to make with this kind of advertising :(

Originally posted by Valuablehost
For me, popups + popunders = same gibberish!

Users will ALWAYS close popups and popunders before the fully load, never enough revenue or profit to make with this kind of advertising :(

can't you find a way to force it to load in the background and then when the user leaves, have it pop open, already downloaded? there's gotta be some cheesy way to do that ;)

I hate pop unders.

not pop ups os much especially if its a good one liek unicast.

really in my opinion most pop ups and pop under are disgusting, and unicast is the only one 's I have seen that are good, I don't actually count them as pop ups as they are so much more.

But sadly all the spam pop ups wil likely ruin any future they have.

I don't think pop unders are any good for sites either except to get ther eunique visitor numbers up.

The thing is that popups(unders) is the most annoying sort of advertising but it also gets you the most money.
When you need money from your website and you don't care about what visitors think about your site then popunders are the best choice.

I don't have a choice. I hate any kind of pop ads but my sponser forces one on me.

Techincally I think big ungly ad frames are the worse kind of ad especially flash ad frames(they crash my system too often).

Back