• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your Preferred Support Method as a Client?

Preferred Support Method?

• Ticket

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Live Chat

Votes: 5 25.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Telephone

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Bullah
NLC
As a client, what is your preferred Support Method? Like, what do you prefer to use when contacting support with any issue?

As for web hosting company ticket system is the best. It gives opportunity to serve more customers per hour/day. And it is better for cusstomers I hope.

Yeah Tickets seem to do the trick. Especially when they are answered within a reasonable time frame.
I do think though that Live Chat and Phone Support can be really good because, especially with the phone, it gives more of a human approach.

I'd still use the ticket system even if phone support was available.
Well unless it's been down for 48 hours and tickets are not being answered.

I think that makes a host more efficient. Spending resources actually fixing the problems and not chatting about the weather :p

Tickets...Live chat is usually useless from past experiences. Most only have 1 person getting hit with tons of requests and usually get the response to place a ticket anyway.

Tickets...Live chat is usually useless from past experiences. Most only have 1 person getting hit with tons of requests and usually get the response to place a ticket anyway.

I agree thats all that used to happen to me.. "Please place a ticket"

I like to contact my hosts via tickets or emails or both.

We use them all --- But tickets is would be our first choice - for tracking purposes.

Second would be email since all our techs and I have blackberries -- so we have instant access to email.

Thanks,
Adam

Well, ticket is something I prefer, unless their is something extremely urgent or critical.

Live Chat generally needs to finally say "Please open a support ticket"

Ticket or e-mail allows better action on the problem, telephone can make the client feel they're being dealt with immediately, but having a client chattering while your trying to fix their problem is more likely to cause mistakes :)

but having a client chattering while your trying to fix their problem is more likely to cause mistakes :)

Good point. Happened to me before when a local client rang me with some issues on his account and while I was trying to fix it he was telling me how bad the local live music scene is gone. I ended up telling him that I will call him back once the issue was sorted. Which I did. :)

As a dedicated server client, I prefer a telephone number just in case, and ticketed support. Live help is a bonus, but unless you get quality, skilled employees for it that know english, its pointless.

As a hosting client, I used to prefer tickets.

Depends how much the people are paying. For bargain hosting, I wouldnt expect a 1-800 number, but for good priced, quality hosting... I would at least want a number to call.

Back