• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your hosting company gets taken over

Scotty Walds

My hosting company has just been taken over by another person, and he is claiming that because I didn't pay him, he no longer has to provide me with my reseller account at the price I paid.

I purchased my account on special offer, and he now has said I must pay more if I wish to keep my account as it is. I think he is wrong, as I have effectively taken out a contract with the hosting company, and as he has taken over the company, he is liable to fulfill any services purchased.

He has suggested I ask for a refund from the original owner, however I've stood my ground so far.

Opinions?

Let me guess?

20GB Diskspace
200GB Bandwidth

$10/year

Am I right? If so, the company you are talking about is one of Maleeks (w-hosts), all he does, is open new hosts, offer $10/year reseller accounts, makes around $400, and then sells his host to make a further $200-$300.

If I am right, the current owner has just logged into WHMCS after the takeover, and saw all the clients paying $10, which the server he is on cannot support.

The last time he did this, the new owner felt so sorry he refunded all clients, which cost him over $400, and he got nothing in return.

Really, there is nothing you can do but ask the person that had it before (Maleek) for a refund.

What you have to remember, is the person that has taken this host over was scammed from his money (Maleek sells his hosts for $150-$200) and he does not have any of the money you, or anyone else sent to Maleek for your hosting.

The new owner is asking for more money, as Maleek left it in a bad state, from my experience of the last time he done this, he oversold the server 5-7 times. The server cannot support your package.

Do feel sorry for the new owner, as just remember, it's not just you who has been scammed by Maleek, he has been as well.

Let this be a lesson to you: when you have low price expectations, your expectations for customer service should also be low.

Scotty Walds,

It might be worth asking your host what specifications he can offer you for what you paid, even if it's not as high as what you had.

Well,
You aren't exactly "RIGHT" in this situation,
the hosting company gets sold,
the new owner refuses to give you a refund or hosting,
It is the previous owner's duty to provide a refund, since it was his goodwill and trust that made you get hosted by him...
BUT....i think you deserved it...
if you go in for overselling hosts @$10/yr. for a reseller account ... you ought to pay the price too..!!
TAKE THIS AS A LESSON LEARNT, next time don't buy hosting if you dont have the funds, but dont buy it from an overseller..!!

I was offered the same specs, minus the WHM access. No good to me, running a small host myself

I just hope that you have every single domain separate from the host, as that's when it gets really sticky. If you haven't already back everything up ASAP and start looking over the fence to find some greener grass.

Well,
You aren't exactly "RIGHT" in this situation,
the hosting company gets sold,
the new owner refuses to give you a refund or hosting,
It is the previous owner's duty to provide a refund, since it was his goodwill and trust that made you get hosted by him...
BUT....i think you deserved it...
if you go in for overselling hosts @$10/yr. for a reseller account ... you ought to pay the price too..!!
TAKE THIS AS A LESSON LEARNT, next time don't buy hosting if you dont have the funds, but dont buy it from an overseller..!!

Possibly 1 of the harsh ways of putting it.

I for one feel sorry for your loss however you can't really expect the worlds best host and customer service for only $10 a year on a reseller with that much space and transfer. That is what we classify as Major Overselling or Extremely Aggressive Overselling. Try to keep as far away from hosts that offer things that seem so unrealistic.

I hope it all works out for you :)
~Peace

I was offered the same specs, minus the WHM access. No good to me, running a small host myself

For the price you paid with that spec it's a 'very' good offer from the new owner who is obviously feeling sorry for their new clients (and realises the pile of they're left with) - you haven't discounted the fact you paid about $10 for a year I think you should rethink your hosting services too. The other person is more in deep than you are with your greed powered hosting desires.

If I'm wrong and you paid a fair price I'm happy to conceed and retract the comment but .....

Let this be a lesson to you: when you have low price expectations, your expectations for customer service should also be low.

I'm sorry to say but how true. Let this be a lesson to all readers seeking hosting / potential buyers.

This debate is never ending - you get what you pay for. That price isn't just even for a month's service at those specs.

Ok so Maleek == ------, Got it. I think he was on my MSN once to crappin on about something

He's on my MSN as well. Keeps asking for Servers and VPS's with cPanel for under $20/month to open a new host, I have to block him at some point :S

PS: He is banned on this forum, right?

Back