• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your First Operating System?

wow did not body start playing with computers like i did when i was young. Hack i am only 28

sorry deskmate 2.0 on my tandy 1000tl in 1988
142550-Tandy-Ad_b.jpg

Last edited:
wow did not body start playing with computers like i did when i was young. Hack i am only 28
Well I do remember using some in early schooling, I think as early as the age of 4 :S, that computer was some sort of DOS, I am not sure of details cant really remember that great back then....
I also played with some old apples, which I cant remember to well either at an older age....
What I really remember is 3.1 and 95 as they are the first systems we had at home...

I was a product of the apple 2e and i was 7 when this computer cam out. My real first computer i guess i forgot about it was this

trs80-colorcomputer.jpg

First computer I owned (or, my parents - I was in 4th grade) was a Gateway running Windows 98. Three years later I was using Red Hat 7.3 for the first time.

I was a changed man.

DOS. I remember when we got Windows 3.1, it was cool but none of the games worked in it yet.

My first OS was a box when I was 3. (Best PC ever)

Joking a side my first OS was 95 and now vista... (I know would be better with the box... ) But to day I get 2 MAC computers YAY me = /

wow this brings back memories my first os was windows 3.1 always used windows. have vista now and it's just ok. i still have a few floppy disks too no idea whats on them anymore no way to read them lol.

Mac System 7 here. My parents gave me their old office computer with that on it as a gift. At the time, it was still a beast of a computer. :)

MS-DOS 4 or 5, followed by MS-DOS 6 and Windows 3.0, followed by MS-DOS 6.22/Windows 3.1, Followed By DOS7/Win95, followed by DOS 7+/Win98/WinME (those were the days), followed by WinXP.

when i think back to dos1.0 with deskmate and see everybody saying win 3.1(i don't remember it actually ever being 3.1 i thought it was 3.11 for business.)

My first:

Operating system Commodore KERNAL/Commodore BASIC 2.0

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Commodore64.jpg

Heh like those questions with the *answer, my first and second were Commodore. I learned (sorta) something about UI between the C64 that was too hard for me as a 9 year old, and the C128 that was perfect when I was 12.

My third in parallel with the C128 was the Mac512, but at the time color sprites were more fun than b&w line drawings. However, the Mac had Slots. I'd call it a Tie. Then of course Commodore croaked, so the 4th and 5th were Mac System again.

My first OS was a box when I was 3. (Best PC ever)

Joking a side my first OS was 95 and now vista... (I know would be better with the box... ) But to day I get 2 MAC computers YAY me = /

Please dont use the term "MAC" as stuffradio will tell you its Mac not MAC.

Back