• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your Fav. Browser

wannabe

Which is ur fav. browser?

Internet Explorer
Firefox
Opera
Netscape
Crazy Browser
Neoplanet
Others

Both Opera and Internet Explorer are good but the only advantage of IE is that its the most commonly used and hence most popular.To me I think Opera and IE both are equally Good

well, you seem to have omitted Mozilla, Avant Browser, Lynx/Links (sp?) and probably some more.

Firefox is my favourite at the moment though.

firefox2.jpg

I've tried FireFox, Mozilla, Opera... nothing works as well as IE. All the others claim to load faster than IE and all that shit, but I never saw it happen.

All the fuss about security problems - I never had any.

I recently started using firefox as my primary browser. I have been trying alternatives as I heard of them, I remember using mozilla way before it was ever a 1.0 release. I even bought opera a couple of years ago but after time the annoyances start to piss me off in other browsers, little bugs and stuff. IE may not have tabbed browsing or other features that most people thrive on, but it works at what it does.

As far as speed, I have noticed a bit of a difference in firefox, although the initial load time is slower, opening firefox there after is much quicker than a new instance of IE.

As for security...like said above, I never had any with any browser.

I've always used IE, simply because it's what comes with my computer and I'm far too lazy to switch. I've never really had any major problem that would warrant a browser change in my opinion. It's got it's problems sure, but they're so minor it means nothing to me.

IE. Why? Because every site I visit works in IE. Because my work requires me to use IE for my applications. Because it came installed and doesn't cause me any problems.

Sure I wish IE had tabbed browsing, but I won't switch until MS release it themselves.

I guess one thing that sort of drives me away from wanting to use browsers aside from IE is because a bunch of mindless wannabe *nix nerds hate windows for no apparent reason.

The same people that have never written a line of php, python or perl and chat on MSN all day with their pirated version of windows.

Firefox does rock though...it takes some getting used to but once you adjust it is hard to like IE as much

FireFox ran slower and kept crashing the last time I used it. Sure, it's got tabbed browsing, but for someone who has become used to non-tabbed browsing, it has no advantage over IE.

LeX said:
FireFox ran slower and kept crashing the last time I used it. Sure, it's got tabbed browsing, but for someone who has become used to non-tabbed browsing, it has no advantage over IE.

These sound like the words of a biased unfair opinion...

When was the last time you tried it? It is just the same buggy wise as IE. And there is plenty of proof around the web proving it is in fact faster. If you want to see for yourself, load it up and go into your taskmanager, you can see IE uses more resources.

There have been security updates for IE that are 10mb, firefox is 4mb for the entire application.

Also saying it has no advantage of IE yet you state just before that one of it's advantages. "tabbed browsing" whether or not you are used to it, it is a far better way of browsing than just a bunch of windows. It may take getting used to but all change does, and this change is for the better

I am a microsoft defender most of the time but I make an exception for firefox, it is a fine application

It's a pitty when you have several friends that completely break the stereotype 'I hate m$ and anything m$ and everything m$ and have never written a single line of php, perl, c++ and python' - i myself am much like you in that respect, being anti-anti-microsoft; but more of my personal friends are *nix zealots and code monkeys D:

Ad: http://skystreets.kaosfusion.com

well its not my fave... but the thing is that i have bene using IE for as long as i have been on the net.. tried netscape for some time.. but switched back to IE... now there is a new wave or ppl using firefox..... i i guess i want to use it too.. but i am a bit lazy/reluctant to do it

guitarnerd said:
These sound like the words of a biased unfair opinion...
No, these are words based on personal experience.
When was the last time you tried it?
From the time it was openly released until July, 2004.
It is just the same buggy wise as IE.
And where did you get this information?
And there is plenty of proof around the web proving it is in fact faster.
No "proof" stands valid until I've actually experienced it. I need to actually see and feel it run faster. But it didn't. In fact, it was slower than IE.
If you want to see for yourself, load it up and go into your taskmanager, you can see IE uses more resources.
If using up more resources means faster loading and rendering, then so be it. When I'm using the browser, I'm not likely to be using anything else resource hungry at the same time. IE still runs faster than FireFox even when I'm running Photoshop.

There have been security updates for IE that are 10mb, firefox is 4mb for the entire application.
This means nothing to me. I don't care how small FireFox is, because it simply doesn't work as well as IE for me.
Also saying it has no advantage of IE yet you state just before that one of it's advantages. "tabbed browsing" whether or not you are used to it, it is a far better way of browsing than just a bunch of windows. It may take getting used to but all change does, and this change is for the better
I never said tabbed browsing was an advantage.

I don't need tabbed browsing. So this feature isn't going to make me think that I need to switch to FireFox. It's like saying, Netscape has email capabilities and IE doesn't, so why don't you use Netscape. Well, because I don't need it.

If in the future Microsoft decides to add tabs to IE, fine, all for the better, but as of now, I am perfectly comfortable with no tabs.
I am a microsoft defender most of the time but I make an exception for firefox, it is a fine application
Look, I have nothing for or against either companies. I'm simply stating that whatever FireFox claims it's got that IE doesn't, whatever superiority it has over IE, I didn't see it when I used it.

If you like FireFox and it works for you, great. But there's no point in making me think that it's better too when I've had no better experiences with it when I was using it.

Last edited:
I think the poll should really be like this

Gecko
Opera
IE
KHTML
Other

Anyways, Opera is my personal favorite. Perfect right out of the box without extensions or plugins. Though it does render a few sites improperly.

The fact that opera claims to follow w3c standards yet instead of a body margin it has a body padding drives me nuts...

if you know CSS you probably know what I am talking about

Then your computer is an exception; Firefox definitely runs faster on my computer than IE - with fewer (less abused at least) security holes than IE too :)

Firefox but now it seems that it always says page can not be displayed! then i hit refresh and it works

Back