• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your business mobile phone...

I'll probably end up getting an iPhone, so many applications available for them now. I was just looking through the Appstore on iTunes and there's SSH applications and much more.

I always have my laptop with me most places I go, but it's usually a lot faster to just check emails etc using my mobile.

eBay has excellent prices on retail phones. :D I'm most likely gonna have to get my new phone from there, as after about a year, I'd still have to wait another year just to get a discounted phone. But, yea, next phone for me will be a touchscreen.

Or go get one of those free phones from the phone company and then go buy a new netbook :)

Just went out and got myself a new Acer Aspire One with the dual core atom for $349 last night... Talk about awesome :)

Get a blackberry for business. It is designed for that specific purpose. A netbook does not replace a blackberry and a blackberry does not replace a laptop (it comes close in some regards).

And the theory behind more buttons = more chance of breaking is just ridiculous. By that logic we should all just stick to bicycles and not drive cars. Learning curve on a blackberry is also not very steep. Bottom line, if you are serious about a business phone then get a blackberry.

[JSH]John;1045404 said:
I'll probably end up getting an iPhone, so many applications available for them now. I was just looking through the Appstore on iTunes and there's SSH applications and much more.

I always have my laptop with me most places I go, but it's usually a lot faster to just check emails etc using my mobile.
I have the iPhone 3G on Vodafone.

Don't use the applications available via the AppStore. They either cost a lot or are highly unstable. Try 'jailbreaking' (not unlocking) your phone, install Cydia and then use the iPhone.

Your view of the phone will change completely. It beats them all!

iPhone 3g fastest internet beats Gphone!

tons more apps and its much more replaibel as its been on the market for 2 years most bugs have been fixed.

I have the blackberry bold - and it is the best phone I've ever had !

I had a look at the storm, but it doesn't have wifi which is a HUGE -ve point.

There are a ton of apps for bb phones as well (not as many as for the iphone though).

I ditched the iPhone for an LG Dare with Verizon and really wished I had not. The Dare has a great camera and phone, and that's about it. The Web browser (my primary reason for purchasing) really sucks. :(

I would look into getting a phone that has Windows Mobile. I'm currently using a HTC 8525 and it's a bit outdated. However, it has all the features I require such as SSH and browser capability. HTC phones are expensive but it's worth it with all the features you are receiving.

I got an HTC Diamond...for me its better than iPhone because its windows mobile. I can do many things with it including a voip call using Fring with
my Onesuite voip account.

Last edited:
This topic is a bit old mate.

I got the G1 and it's been working pretty well for me. The battery life is a bit short though.

Htc touch HD , as it has the biggest screen in class its great for showing off some photos as i am currently a part time paid photog. And WinMo just because, and a flashed rom.

I currently have an HTC touch, but within a few days i will be getting my new Samsung Innov8.
Luckily i no longer have to be available 24/7 in case of emergencies to start up putty on my phone half sleeping because a client messed up his OS or something.

But still the samsung offers all the things i search for in a business phone, it can make and receive calls ;)
And when it's needed i can still visit our client area and look into problems that might occur.

Back