• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your business mobile phone...

[JSH]John

JSHosts.com
NLC
I'm due for a new contract soon and I'm looking at different mobiles. I really like blackberrys but I still have lots of time to decide which mobile I want.

Which mobile do you use for your business? I currently have the T-Mobile MDA Vario II and it's a great phone but it's a bit old now and the updated MDA Vario III is also out.

I use the AT&T Vu... its a pretty solid phone. But if you are looking for a touchscreen I would go with an iPhone... the other phone companie's knock offs of it are a bit over par.

Do you really need a phone to do all the things an iPhone does ??

I only ever have series 60 nokias, they do all I need them to, they are solid phones you can get them wet and throw them and all sorts and they are fine, and most of all they're not complicated enough to go wrong every few days ...

Why not get a reasonable mobile phone and a netbook ...

krakjoe said:
Do you really need a phone to do all the things an iPhone does ??
Why not? It can do almost anything you need it to except Skype on 3G and a couple other things.

If only I had a mac book or something to develop for it :p

More features means more things to go wrong, I assume you want a phone because your business relies on it, when then get one you can rely on, one that functions without showing off ....

I would consider blackberries to be way way way more stable than the iPhones, because they have been about for ever, but I still consider them unreliable, it's basic mathematics, a normal phone has ~15 buttons and will eventually break, a balckberry has more than 30 buttons and so will break twice as fast ...

I get nice simple series 60 nokias that last more than a week on a single charge, like I said they never go wrong, I know I can rely on it to work, with what I save on posting my phone back and forth to the repair shop I carry a webbook around when I'm away from home for a few days, before webbooks I'd just take a standard laptop ...

I had a balckberry for work once, I'm quite a technically minded person and always have been; I never used anything so difficult in my life, I'd rather have to control a crushing machine full of children, while drunk - than hold another one of those things in my hand ... also my fingers are fat and these fiddly devices just don't work in my big fat hands ...

I currently have the Tmobile SDA which works like a charm. It's basically a candy-bar version of the MDA.

My contract is up too and I was looking at the G1 but from what I've read, the battery life doesn't last long enough to use all of its features, which makes it pointless.

I would personally get some form of windows mobile phone just because they are reliable and expandable. If a feature is not there and you need it. Simple solution. Go find a program that has it. The g1 is so new on the market that there are still to many bugs to work out and not enough expandability for it. The iPhone is controlled by apple. If apple does not like what an application does they can just take it off and not give any warning. As far as blackberry. I have not used one in years. As a matter of fact the only one I used was a huge --- blue one that was on nextel a while back. I was not impressed however I know people that swear by there blackberry.

My overall choice for a phone would still have to be a windows mobile phone. Not controlled by a fruit, berry or search engine ;)

John! Stay with the T-Mobile MDA Vario's if you can dude, they rock :D

But the best networks for business contracts are Vodafone and Orange, my work mobile is the new Blackberry Storm on business contract with Vodafone.

rim_blackberry_thunder_9500_series.jpg

I have an iPhone - Runs email brilliantly, as well as all my business contacts and personal. Recently had a Blackberry Storm - BIG MISTAKE. They are no where near as good as the iPhone. Runs with iTunes - Music, Videos, Contact Synchronization etc.

I have an Iphone - its the best phone I have ever purchased. It does everything I need and does it fast. The new blackbury (touch screen) looks awesome and features look better than iphone but when I tried it it was extremely slow and fiddly.

I would say go for the iphone but that's just because I love it :p

I have an iPhone - Runs email brilliantly, as well as all my business contacts and personal. Recently had a Blackberry Storm - BIG MISTAKE. They are no where near as good as the iPhone. Runs with iTunes - Music, Videos, Contact Synchronization etc.

iPhones are going to be in the lead with performance. They've been out over a year. The Blackberry Storm has been out only a few weeks.

If your a patient person, and want some a bit cheaper than the iPhone, then I suggest the Storm. If you don't want that price range, look at the cheaper blackberries.

I don't really have a "business" phone per-say. But, I use my personal for that stuff if they really need to contact.

I just use my personal phone for the limited things I need to be contacted about with x10. Storm looks cool though tried one out at verizon.

Im for the netbook and average phone Idea.

Some of the more fancy phones maybe abel to do what you want, but its always in a restricted way that takes forever to get anything done in my experience.

i love my iPhone. the new Blackberry touch screen phone is sweet. if you like tmobile, go with the google g1 phone, my wife has it, adn it is great too.

I would look into getting a phone that has Windows Mobile. I'm currently using a HTC 8525 and it's a bit outdated. However, it has all the features I require such as SSH and browser capability. HTC phones are expensive but it's worth it with all the features you are receiving.

Only reason I'd go for Android over iPhone is that it's 100% Open Source. Not as much support/glitches worked out of it though. It's also not offered here yet :p

I want the HTC Touch Dual or Touch Pro but its way more than I would pay for a phone since my carrier doesn't have them. I would have to pay the full retail price =[

Back