• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your business mobile phone...

I'm due for a new contract soon and I'm looking at different mobiles. I really like blackberrys but I still have lots of time to decide which mobile I want.

Which mobile do you use for your business? I currently have the T-Mobile MDA Vario II and it's a great phone but it's a bit old now and the updated MDA Vario III is also out.

Although I really like my iPhone, I do use a Blackberry for business because I'm constantly using for email and it's easier to keyboard than the iPhone---at least for me.

I use a blackberry pearl, nothing fancy but does the job. it only lacks skype support

I have the new black berry bold. I use it, plus i can access putty, our control panels etc. So I can do it all.

With the G1, I get root access to my phone, SSH access to the servers, monitor my servers uptime, use POP/IMAP email, VOIP via wifi, and access all the websites/control panels as well. Only thing I am missing is Office apps, which there is a paid solution for viewing but no editing yet (which is fine with me since I don't plan on editing documents on the go).

I switched from my HTC 8125 to an iPhone on t-mobile and am happy with it...

If you jailbreak it you can get the voip via wifi/edge [not recommend via edge tho] get on what ever sites you need to in order to manage support tickets. There are apps for both windows RDP and ssh and if you have already jailbroken it you can just goto console and type in "ssh serverip" :p

I miss my copy and paste tho :(

Tip for all of you iPhone and Windows Mobile users..... Exchange ;)

I have a Samsung Blackjack II, and couldn't be happier with it. In fact I'm using it right now to view this (tethering). :p

Although i'm more for the laptop (or at least 10" netbook) + modest phone combination, if I were to suggest a business phone, I would suggest a HTC or one of the Nokia E/N series.

Nseries phones can double as both a multimedia phone and a business phone. I would suggest you go for the N96, although if you dont mind something a bit older you can go for the N95 or N95 8GB.

I don't have a business phone, that's what my laptop is for, I use a modest Samsung F480 Tocco and it works fine.

I use the blackberry storm it does everything I need from it plus they have the ability to change from the blackberry mobile browser to an internet explorer or firefox identified browser. which is a plus when I want to view a full web page vs a mobile page.

Back