• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

You might be a terrorist...

Bruce

NLC
...if you drive an Audi.

Mr. Rau drives an Audi. Audis now come with stylish ignition keys designed to house the key inside a holder, preventing rips and wear on pocket liners. You push a button on a flat two-inch shaft and the key slides out.

As he demonstrated it, Mr. Rau could see the word forming in the minds of the screeners, now three, on his case: switchblade.

"Now the bells are ringing," he said. After running the key through the X-ray machine three times, the security committee reached a conclusion. "Well, sir, that's a switchblade style, and that's a prohibited item," Mr. Rau said he was told. "We're going to have to confiscate that."

Paperwork, of course, was required. His driver's license and other identification papers were photocopied.

"And of course, I didn't have my car keys," he said. Luckily, he keeps a spare in a little magnetized box under his car. But, it cost $300 to replace the key at the dealer, who must add a computer code for a specific car.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/21/b...e59033a867d6cc&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

I seriously wonder what this country is coming too. :rolleyes:

Funny, I thought you were a terrorist if you infliceted acts of terrorism upon the masses.

Good thing I can't afford an Audi.

I sometimes drive a VW Passat that has one of those keys that you push a button and it flips out...

I thought we've established that airport security is stupid when they begin confiscating GI Joe action figures.

Robert said:
Yea but ever since he was caught sleeping with Ken, he hasn't been in the spotlight much after.
Yeah, after that he was moved over to the naval services. ;)

Last edited:
Back