• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yearly subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjones

Is there a good hosting site where you can pay in a yearl subscription? I'm looking for the price range of 30-50 bucks or so per year. Thanks.

Yes, there are many sites like this. It would help if you could post some of your requirements.

I would put in a request in the payed hosting requests with your requirements and specifically state you can spend so much on a yearly basis. I am sure you will get many replies.

Right now I pay $36/year for 30 gigs of space and 300 gigs of bandwidth from WebHostingBuzz, so far no downtime! I have been with them for over 6 months.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they won't help you trough the live chat support ( I Don't know why they call it "live chat SUPPORT") but everything else, they are perfect for me.

If its perfect,why you want to leave?
Regards

Where did you see anything stating that the OP wanted to leave? Actually no one stated that they wanted to leave their current host techguyboy just gave a review on webhostingbuzz

Last edited:
Whta do you expect to get for the money you want to pay? I think this question is also important. You can get a small start-up shared hosting account for the money you are willing to pay.

Actually, to be honest... If your needs are small, one of those giant hosts might be better for you (dreamhost, lunarpages, godaddy). I've heard excellent reviews from both customers and staff members of such companies. However, if your needs are larger (ironically), you should choose a smaller host.

First of all, I never said I wanted to leave.

Well, both of my websites only use less than 3 gigs of space and about 32 gigs of bandwidth and I think that I have over 300 gigs of bandwidth and yes is very cheap but they have changed their prices now. And gregbrown, 500 gb of space? on a shared account? you know they are overselling right.

Also, if anyone is ever going to use WebHostingBuzz please go to http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/website-hosting.shtml?hosting-discounts where you can get a 5% discount.

And gregbrown, 500 gb of space? on a shared account? you know they are overselling right.
DreamHost has been around for over 10 years, doesn't re-sell (and so owns all their own equipment & probably runs their own datacentre), hosts over 600,000 domains and is an ICANN accredited for domain sales. How is that overselling?

is overselling cause is 500 gigs of space for a shared account. That will be like a dedicated server for everyone they host. And yes, WHB is overselling too.

Overselling is selling an amount you cannot provide. DreamHost hosts over 600,000 domains - what evidence do you have that they can't provide the space and bandwidth they offer? Sure, maybe it isn't profitable for them to host someone who uses 90%-100% of their account size – but they may work on the basis that they can provide it at a loss since most of their customers probably use 50% or less of their space/bandwidth.

Overselling is selling an amount you cannot provide. DreamHost hosts over 600,000 domains - what evidence do you have that they can't provide the space and bandwidth they offer? Sure, maybe it isn't profitable for them to host someone who uses 90%-100% of their account size – but they may work on the basis that they can provide it at a loss since most of their customers probably use 50% or less of their space/bandwidth.
I would say for bandwidth they may be able to provide it -- however if 600,000 users used 500gb disk space that would be 300,000,000gb disk space -- If they charge 5.99/m then they make $3,594,000, meaning they would have to be able to buy disk space at $0.01198 per gigabyte.
They will be riding on the chance that nearly all of their LEGAL websites won't be using it. Any site that is uploading illegal content may use it, and they would suspend them by that time.
The prices just don't add up, so they are clearly overselling.

Evidence enough? =)

Thanks CS-Skylar, you have explained it very well.

I couldn't resist. You cann't have 600,000 clients and say you aren't overselling something like that -- its just not possible -- unless they like to ship money out instead of making it.

Again, hosts that sell that much purly rely on the fact that almost 3/4 of their clients won't even touch the disk space allotment

It seems the OP hasn't returned, so thread closed to prevent it veering so far into offtopicness (AKA oversellling discussion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back