• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yay Yupapa is moving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by roly
Rackshack gives heaps of features for less $$ but its not really good as serve rhardware is sometimes faulty (like T35 found out) and downtime and speed is bad.

We have found that to. One of our servers has been down 4 days straight and rackshack won't fix it. We are moving!

I'm finding you a rather rude person specially when your promoting your companies image.

An RAQ4 with 512mb ram is more than capable of hosting 100 websites. Any more and the server would run into trouble. Obviously they arent going to run big mysql database driven websites properly but the webhosts i know that use RAQ's use them for serving people with small budgets and small sites.

But you would be suprised at what these machines are capable of doing. I'm not a webhost but i do know what servers are good and what servers are rubbish. Just because im not a webhost doesnt mean i dont know how a server works, Just remember that.

Originally posted by NexDog
Sorry, I was just trying to help. Obviously I know nothing.

Would you sign up with a host that advertised 450Mhz machines? It's called speed. Sure, it's sufficient to host 50 domains.

I'll just continue to waffle and let you more experienced guys advise.

4 days? OUCH! .. i can imagine your pretty peeved ... i know i would be.

Have you contacted the Headsurfer about it?

Originally posted by Myacen Network

We have found that to. One of our servers has been down 4 days straight and rackshack won't fix it. We are moving!

Originally posted by Technics
4 days? OUCH! .. i can imagine your pretty peeved ... i know i would be.

Have you contacted the Headsurfer about it?

No but I intend to. It's a joke

Originally posted by Technics
And what would be wrong with hosting websites on a 450MHZ machine? im guessing by picking this spec your on about cobalts.

Who was talking about cobalts? I was not. I'm getting sick and tired of being pulled to bits by overopinionated and obnoxious kids. People were talking about starting their own host and I thought I'd give them some information. My post was based on facts and knowledge. I expected questions and not to have my post picked apart.
An RAQ4 with 512mb ram is more than capable of hosting 100 websites. Any more and the server would run into trouble. Obviously they arent going to run big mysql database driven websites properly but the webhosts i know that use RAQ's use them for serving people with small budgets and small sites.
So we jump from a 450Mhz, 128MB ram machine to a Cobalt with 512MB ram. Try and be on target when trying to shoot someone down. And how can you seriously know what that machine is capable of, unless you are running it.

You find me rude? You're entitled to your opinion. I know what I'm talking about mate and I'm hard headed but I'm not rude. If you interpret some of my posts in that way, then that's your privilege. I'm not here to promote HostNexus, that's done in the relevant forum but if someone happens to ask then I will give details.

I'm here to discuss paid webhosting in general. To learn, to advise, to interact without fearing the impact on my company. I have strong views, granted. I can be sarcastic, yes. But my company can withstand that as FWS is miniscule in the overall spread of things.

When I first join this forum a few months ago, I was suprised to see the support and popularity that Robert's host, Myacen, received. I voiced certain points and views and we discussed it in a civil way (mostly). I seem to have picked up a few enemies during the course of that valid discussion, mostly youg, angry kids with nothing better to do than wait for decent ambush attempts.

I know I am representing to my company to some degree when posting here, but it is the confrontational attitude that's bristles my feathers. The slightest remark, even when made in jest, will be rammed back down your throat. HostNexus succeeds on it's own merits and not my words. A visit to our forum would show you that.

Originally posted by NexDog
When I first join this forum a few months ago, I was suprised to see the support and popularity that Robert's host, Myacen, received. I voiced certain points and views and we discussed it in a civil way (mostly). I seem to have picked up a few enemies during the course of that valid discussion, mostly youg, angry kids with nothing better to do than wait for decent ambush attempts.

I know I am representing to my company to some degree when posting here, but it is the confrontational attitude that's bristles my feathers. The slightest remark, even when made in jest, will be rammed back down your throat. HostNexus succeeds on it's own merits and not my words. A visit to our forum would show you that.
These last few posts have been off topic and I will add to it.

But if you are representing your company, do it with dignity and style and not like the angry kids who have nothing better to do than wait for decent ambush attempts.

Dignity and style will get you more brownie points than abrasive comments :classic2:

Maybe we can now get back on track with yupapa.com or continue the *debate* in General Discussions?

I'm not a kid, I'm the wrong side of 20 :(

I do respect what you've said i dont know of any linux or windows machines running at 450mhz with 128mb can you show me a package? I assumed you meant cobalts as those are all i know with those stats.

and i have run and do run a few cobalts right now. I dont trade as webhost i use the servers i have to host my personal projects and friends websites. I'm also pretty handy with any other form of linux box too :) You dont have to be a webhost to manage a server.

I do intend one day to host websites professionally im currently putting together a business plan :)

Who would you be moving too? Would this affect your prices?

Originally posted by cheatpark

Who would you be moving too? Would this affect your prices?

Moving to a more expensive host is going to affect the packages ... but only just i guess ... however if they moved to a move Dedicated User provider .... you'll feel the benifits :)

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

Moving to a more expensive host is going to affect the packages ... but only just i guess ... however if they moved to a move Dedicated User provider .... you'll feel the benifits :)
ok. I wish them luck. I'll be using them for hosting anyway.

Yes sorry, we have to increase pricing. I have explained this to customers and some say they can't pay the average extra cost, but that's ok. We are more than likely moving to burst.net.

In saying that our reputation as a host has been ruined by rackshack, and we have lost quite a few customers. I suggest everyone thinking of getting a dedicated server from rackshack not to.

You get what you pay for! :mad:

Robert,

Sorry to learn of your problems with Rackshack. I hear good things about Burst, though. I hope they give you a good deal as you'll be moving your whole network there.

In this industry people have a short memory and if you've been honest and kept your clients thoroughly informed then you'll pull through. I'm still seeing good points made about Myacen in WHT so don't let it get you down. McHost and Splashost have been going through problems with servers and continued downtime and they still seem strong.

Hang in there.

We are more than likely moving to burst.net.
Again???

Maybe you'll have better luck this time than the last time you were with them.

Originally posted by MindRash
uh? Is this the return of yupapa?

yay

I think so, but he doesn't seem the same person anymore. He has changed his way to speak. Funny days are far far away.

Originally posted by Mika

I think so, but he doesn't seem the same person anymore. He has changed his way to speak. Funny days are far far away.
I remember the good ol yupapa :fork:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back