• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yay, I got my server for my host...

Myacen is getting slower .... so maybe they do :confused2

Also ....

Host Once is slow as shit .... and people fall for it every time :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Bruce
You've got to be kidding me.

You actually think people will pay you for hosting out of your own home?

ROTFLMAO

And even if you did use a satelite connection, don't. Uploading would take ages and the pings would be horrible.

isnt upstream of satelite 56k ?

It depends, there are two methods of uploading on satellite, through a phone line which will give whatever modem speed you have... or you can get a transmitter which will transmit your uploads back across the satellite system... only problem is it depends on the weather as to whether it is any fast or not!

Also, you can get kicked for hosting on your home DSL if the ISP prohibits such a deed.

Originally posted by cdudeuk18
Myacen is getting slower .... so maybe they do :confused2

Myacen has been having problems with their servers and are keep going down. ATM they are looking for a new NOC.

Originally posted by Daniel
ATM they are looking for a new NOC.
Data Center, actually. NOC (Network Operations Center) is where the servers are monitored from.

The data center is where the servers are actually located.

Well 1.5mbs DSL is basically a T1 service, it not good for a host(needs ocx-3) but more than enough for your own website.

You have to realize that the 1.5 mbps speed is only the downstream though. With DSL you normaly wouldn't get anything more than a 256k upstream.

No, it's not the same, for ADSL upload speeds are set, unlike a T1, where it's whatever's available:

ADSL~Verizon/many providers:
1536 [or less] kbps down/128 kbps up

T1:
Up to (usually):

1536 kbps down and 0 kbps up
or

0 kbps down and 1536 kbps up

The weather can also affect ADSL users.

I am getting confused...

(a) Are we talking about hosting a site on a T1?
(b) Where is this T1? Data Center? Someone's spare room?

There is no T1. We're talking about someone offering hosting with their DSL line out of their own home.

There is no T1. We're talking about someone offering hosting with their DSL line out of their own home.

ahh okay.

LMAO

It's not just the T1 you have to take into consideration when trying to host a site. There are MANY other factors

• Server Monitoring
  • Fire Suspension
  • UPS backups
  • Redundant Connections
  • Tier 1 or Tier 3 bandwidth
  • Level of training support personal/network engineers have
  • Climate control

... just to name a few :D

I guess it would be okay for a small, non critical personal homepage.

Last edited:
Can't forget climate control. It's a must to maintain the servers at a constant temperature.

Can't forget climate control. It's a must to maintain the servers at a constant temperature.

I don't know how I missed that one. That's like one of the most important! :D

he's planning to run it from his parents basement, personaly i would never sign up for a paid host that does this... good luck man :rolleyes:

Back