• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yahoo! Sitebuilder

Techjunkie

Is Yahoo! Sitebuilder compatible with any other webhosting, or when I make a site with that program do I HAVE to use the site with their webhosting services? Thank you.

alley said:
I believe you have to use it with yahoo?
Likewise, unless you can re-point the FTP server information which you most likely wouldnt be able to do with their software.

Id stay clear of the Yahoo! Sitebuilders...

Simply for the fact that you are limited in what you can do.

Also, I think they had something where you couldn't import links with images in them (affiliate links for example)

So if you are using it for "professional" purposes stay clear
If you are using for something like geocities, go for it

Techjunkie said:
Is Yahoo! Sitebuilder compatible with any other webhosting, or when I make a site with that program do I HAVE to use the site with their webhosting services? Thank you.

I wouldnt think you would HAVE to use their site-builder!
Most hosts offer an "option" to their clients if they need it but it wouldnt be mandatory that you use it. :biggrin2:

I think he already built his site on Yahoo, but now he wants to move it to another host to ditch Yahoo's annoying adds. But like Bryson said, yahoo makes this difficult because they host a lot the images & effects that they offer their members in their Sitebuilder so if you try to use the html code that you created your Yahoo pages with on your new host, you will have a bunch of stuff missing like images and java effects or what not.

Well why not try to copy those images to ur hdd and edit the html page and relink the images ?

Back