• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XSIS HOSTING Server Issues and Outages

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been going on since July, GeekRack why not lay it to rest, Tylar you were very active about one thing at one point

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=928415&postcount=1

Which has been mentioned again - still no real answers though?

I am working with the company which the servers were sold to.

Can I get my 2 weeks work 24/7 and good will back in real cash money?
Can my clients get their sanity back from contacting us?
Can .... Do you want the list.

Your name net1 & Aldridge don't do you good :)

Basically
i am not going to debate like a child over a silly issue over another hosts failure to keep in business
is a terrible slate on you after doing exactly that.

What is wrong with one post people sometimes they are the people in the most know if you know what i mean :ninja:

Jumping in is fine - jumping in on a post like this you need to say something not just the above.

So your a bit off

Wow im shocked this thread is actually still going. Its quit simple actually, we purchased INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. This sale included their domain name, templates, their domain reseller which still had a positive balance as well. Along with a few other licenses etc that they owned.

GeekRack,

I do not know you, do not know about this full topic, but I know a few things about the people that are buying the "hosting" companies with mindsets like this.

They never consider that someplace there are people that put contracts on the equipment, space, bandwidth and build out costs of a datacenter. Some of these hosting companies commit to long term contracts to get the cost of bandwidth, power and servers down. When a company like yours purchases these they leave those datacenters holding the bag. They do many other things from time to time as well. I can not comment about any specific incidents that I have been involved in recently, but will say they would shock most people of what these "buying" companies have done.

With that being said, most of these "purchasing" companies are doing fine because they move the customers to a lesser cost facility, lower the over head, lower bandwidth cost, and charge the same price. From what I have seen most of the customers stay because it is harder to move than to stay, but they don't realize that the quality of service has went down so much.

Some of these companies will continue to advertise that they are in the nice facility and give that nice facility a bad reputation when the new company fails to keep its uptime promises. We have even had people downgrade the network from our premium or custom blends(8 carriers available) to a single homed value network and then advertise all or some of our carriers on their website it makes the datacenter look bad when it isn't even the datacenter's fault.

Many datacenter's can not compete with the low cost facilities because their O&M costs are so high. For example just on a single UPS system this year I have spent about $65,000.00 to keep it up and running correctly. It had no problems but it was just time to do all of the maintenance. Would it have ran if I didn't spend that, probably. Would I have relied on it for life and limb, no. In our datacenter we literally deal with life and death issues on a daily basis. Every day of the week there is a Dr. connected to our facility monitoring surgeries and making brain surgeon recommendations, downtime and deferred maintenance is not an option. But some facilities that do not require true 24x7x365 uptime it is an option and they are much cheaper to run. I recently had someone ask why I couldn't match a $250.00/rack price with 20 amps of power, and I said there was no reason for me to even try, our electricity alone without any support or real estate costs are higher than that.

My last rant is when you order a rack in a datacenter such as ours it costs between $2500.00 and $5500.00 just to get your equipment in the rack and it started. We do not cheap out on a lot of things and it costs us money, I understand people have budgets, but you have to look at what you are getting. Price a Compaq rack compared to a good lockable metal tech rack and you will see about $2500 of what I am talking about when it is fully optioned out, then you have UPS/Generator/Routers etc.

Something Said,

-TD

Okay, I hold my hands up too - it is someone I trust (bang goes my rep)
I didn't know for reasons.

Thanks for your opinions guys, however what you are failing to understand is that this was a old thread from when XSIS had an outage in July. Someone then came back and posted about the downtime in October. We never had any dealings with XSIS prior datacenter, equipment, and customers. We simply purchased their website layouts, domain resellers etc as i mentioned before.

Im actually looking forward to puting this to rest tonight, i have made the invitation to serverorigin to give me a call and he has accepted. So for those that still doubt we can put their worries to rest as well.

Thanks for your opinions guys, however what you are failing to understand is that this was a old thread from when XSIS had an outage in July. Someone then came back and posted about the downtime in October. We never had any dealings with XSIS prior datacenter, equipment, and customers. We simply purchased their website layouts, domain resellers etc as i mentioned before.

Im actually looking forward to puting this to rest tonight, i have made the invitation to serverorigin to give me a call and he has accepted. So for those that still doubt we can put their worries to rest as well.

GeekRack,

I just now read most of this thread and now can understand why you replied this way. I did get onto a rant, but it is in response to how people buy the companies. It is not good about the guy in the hospital, but I do wish the buyers would address some of the things that they are purchasing from time to time.

-Linn

No problem my friend, i actually found your post to be quit informative, especially coming from the data center side. Its well recieved. We have said what we have purchased and have been as open and honest about everything that we know how. Any former client of XSIS that has inquired about our position in the matter we have given all the information that i have readily available.

Im not going to lie. Im fairly new to the industry, so any information that I can learn from im always open to listening and learning from what others that have been established in the industry and sucessful im always willing to listen to sound advice.

Not trying to be a hard arse, but it would be helpful if the buyer would talk to the hosting companies datacenter for contracts etc that they have. It would be nice if the purchaser would honor the contracts and promises that the hosts have made.

The blame games been going on 2 long, Its somehow turned from the owner of XSIS HOSTING to geekrack becuse the owner cant be here. I mean come on....

EDITED post 3 times becuse nothing I can say will be good... To many people are picking on 2 many people its bad.

Last edited:
Have to agree, some good points made and the thread has gone way off the origional topic.

Me to guys, i openly invited serverorigin to give me a call but as of yet i still have not head from him. I think that its time that we put this to bed.

Yes some good points have been made.. But it seems to be turning in to a blame game..
If GeekRack really was the other guy Id be real shocked becuse they both act like 2 totaly differnt people... If someone could really be that good at acting 2 totaly differnt lives Id be amazed.

Last edited:
I am still out of town and in meetings etc. Currently on the road. I will call as soon as I can actually sit down and sit still a minute. I will plan to be calling on Monday evening.

Otherwise, I don't think we are really accomplishing much here... I have stated my opinions and not sure if verifying you are female is really going to make much difference.

Well that settles it in my opintion this can actually be closed. If you arent sure that giving me a call will settle anything then there is honestly no reason for you to call. However if you feel the need to call you have the number its not changing anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back