• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XP Error on Startup

socket error.. it might be a trojan of some kind. run anti-virus and ad-aware. it could also be a left-over registry key from some program that you uninstalled...

Hey,

Thanks thats what i thought...

Would nortons antivirus XP ( 2002 ) be able to find trojans ??

is there any good trojan scanning software ??

or would mcafee do it :confused:

Last edited:
norton 2002 would find it, yes, because a trojan is a form of a virus, and that is norton's job :)

otherwise, if it isn't malignant (a.k.a. not harmful) it might be spyware, which adaware will find.

good job-- why did u get rid of adaware? or did u say adWARE purposefully? adaware (www.lavasoft.nu) is a program that finds spyware and registry keys and cleans it all up for ya... "adware" is a specific, though actually it no longer exists, spyware class...

anyways...

Originally posted by quiller
good job-- why did u get rid of adaware? or did u say adWARE purposefully? adaware (www.lavasoft.nu) is a program that finds spyware and registry keys and cleans it all up for ya... "adware" is a specific, though actually it no longer exists, spyware class...

anyways...

no i mean .. i got rid of all of the stuff it found :D

Back