• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Xoasis.com CGI faker?

Scorpz

I have a problem with Xoasis.com.. They say they provide cgi, I upload through ASCII and also chmod my cgi files to 755 in the cgi-bin directory and also out of the cgi-bin directory. I go to the url for the specified cgi files.. they don't work. Anybody else know of this, or that have a site up on Xoasis.com? Can anybody else at least be able to get cgi to work on it?

i dont think it works. i have tried the .cgi and .pl extensions in and out of the cgi-bin and chmod them 755 but it still doesn't work. they say they support it but there fakes

I couldn't get it to work either. I was trying to setup a messageboard, but it didn't work. I tried using both .cgi and .pl extensions and set the proper permissions.

Yah

I was trying to add a simple counter and tracker script. Uploaded em in ASCII mode, chmod 755, counter doesn't seem to be there, and the tracker returned the default Xoasis page.

ya it <<EDIT>>
i also tried doin it
i tried settin up the perldiver.cgi
to find the variables for the server kus they dont say what they are anywhere on the site
and it don't work

[Edited by Chicken on 11-19-2000 at 10:26 AM]

Back