• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

xeon-network.com stole HostNine.com's website

Status
Not open for further replies.

build-a-host

321Hosted.com
NLC
I was just looking at the requests section, and I came across the website of xeon-network.com. I noticed that he/she has stolen HostNine.com's website.

Not only is this guy stealing other companies websites but, he is also offering unlimited disc space and bandwidth! This is the kind of host that gives the rest of us a bad name! I can't stand it when people steal others work!

I have contacted the guy and asked him to remove the website. I know I'm not a mod here, a net cop, or anything else but, something needs to be done about this.

My question is, what legal action can HostNine take to remedy this? I assume that there isn't a lot they can do other than ask him to remove it. Have you guys had any experience with this?

PS:
I know some of you will probably accuse me of being a "Tatle Tail" but, thats ok. If/when someone steals your hard work, you'll see why I have done this.

actually the most u can do is just to report this to hostnine and let them do the work themself, coz as outsider, we can't do anything much except for reporting this to them...

hostnine usually will request the xeon-network owner to remove the current design.

other than that, other ppl is not able to do anything at all.
it is up to hostnine to make their decision on wat action to take...

Yes, I knew that I couldn't do anything about it, it's really none of my business anyway. I was just asking what HostNine could do about it legally.

They can ask the owner by a cease and desist email. If they do not respond, they can contact the server owner. If that does not work, then the datacentre through legal and abuse emails that are provided with every IP address.

Running xeon-networks server through my tracker, i got the following information:

Server owner email: lcppanel {at} rocketmail.com
Server owner domain: greenservernetworks.com

Also their datacentre is Limestone networks so you can contact them via:

RAbuseHandle: ABUSE1804-ARIN
RAbuseName: Abuse
RAbusePhone: +1-214-586-0555
RAbuseEmail: abuse {at} limestonenetworks.com

Hope that helps :)

I have also opened a thread on HostNine's website regarding this issue, but they said they already know abt it: http://www.hostnine.com/hosting-for...-network-com-stole-hostnine-coms-website.html

Last edited:
Hi folks,

On behalf of HostNine, we'd like to thank you all for reporting this to us. Unfortunately, the theft of our website is nothing new. We do our best to track them down ourselves, but definitely appreciate the efforts from honest people helping us to locate these.

We have already been in contact with the offending website's host and datacenter and issued a DMCA notice which compels the datacenter to take it offline by law. We pursue *all* cases of theft of our website aggressively and work to ensure that the offending content is removed. We also seriously consider civil lawsuits against those that do steal from us.

If anyone runs across a stolen version of our website, please report it to us at copyright@hostnine.com and we'll make sure it gets taken down.

Again, thanks to all the honest people out there doing the right thing and helping us out. We appreciate it!

Nick. You are right. And that is impossible to protect your web site against them. And that is impossible to monitor other web sites and check that.

I knew one guy who used to do it. He not only ripped websites, he even had plugins for myBB to rip other people's post from another forum!

This guy just submitted an application at my free hosting site for a free reseller. So, he cannot even afford a real reseller! I rejected his application obviously!

This guy just submitted an application at my free hosting site for a free reseller. So, he cannot even afford a real reseller! I rejected his application obviously!

LOL! Just post a Support Ticket also! :evilb: Sorry for bother me... I just enjoy the Free Traffic! Thank you all!

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

He PM'ed me here and told me he bought the design from his developer for $14.00 (the same excuse they always use!), and then opens a ticket at my other company and claims he never had their design, that it's all a rumor!,,lol

Give it up, you did it, you got caught, just don't do it again.

ANd no, I won't be accepting your free reseller application!

so, i think we can consider the case is closed.
they juries found that the defendant guilty.

Case Closed.
lol

He PM'ed me here and told me he bought the design from his developer for $14.00 (the same excuse they always use!), and then opens a ticket at my other company and claims he never had their design, that it's all a rumor!,,lol

Give it up, you did it, you got caught, just don't do it again.

ANd no, I won't be accepting your free reseller application!

Why don't you believe me.. I was robbed by my designer :crying5: - You should tell be by PM.. Post on a Thread ! :nervous:

You should make sure that the template you got does not contain another company's name in the CSS. If you dont even know that much, how can you even start webhosting company?

You better ask your designer to give your money back.

Ya! That's cause I leave Lime Stone Networks! - and the designer too! - But money Back ?? They don't have these policy.. So I feel ROBBED!

Well, all is well - Now everything going to Normal again! (With my New Designers and New Servers :) )

CASE CLOSE!

He PM'ed me and said "Cool Cloning huh!! Just joking,,lol."

So, he admits that he knew it was a rip/clone.

Xeon-Network, you should get your story straight. Don't say one thing here and then another in PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back