• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Xbox 360 Outsells Original...Left 4 Dead Is Amazing

Matt8

All? No, ALL!
NLC
http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/25/xbox-360-outsells-the-original-xbox-microsoft-heads-down-to-the/

Pretty amazing. I will say, I quit giving a crap about games about mid life of the PS2 and played Counter Strike only for years. Last year I got an Xbox 360 from a co-worker for 150 bucks that was almost brand new. I have played the hell out of it, between Dead Rising, Call of Duty 4 (now 5), and Left 4 Dead. It takes a lot to admit I was wrong (as I denounced the Xbox and next-gen consoles pretty heavily sans the Wii for its innovation), but I was definitely incorrect. The XBOX 360 is a great console and has actually renewed my faith in some games (specially new[er] FPS).

Anywho, thats my life's 360 story. Good to hear it has now outsold the Original and is planned to continue boosting sales for this holiday.

In other news, Left 4 Dead is probably one of the funnest arcade-style shooter I have played in years. You should go buy it if you haven't already - the replay value of that game is fantastic - it just doesn't get old even after I've done all the campaigns.

I would love to play Left 4 Dead, as i have seeing a lot of good reviews about it, but the last birthday of my bro, somebody accidentaly dropped soda on the xbox and.... yep, RRoD.

I got my Xbox 360 not long ago, it really is an amazing console. I use it to play all my videos via Tversity media server and just got Need for Speed Undercover, another good game. :)

Mines broke. Has been since I got it, but I could push to play L4D, before it gives in on me. I saw the PC version, and it reminds me of ZombieMod on CSS, but that might just be the PC view on it, I bet its nowhere near like that on the 360.

I've been really considering getting one for the xmas break + next year - BUT mrs doesnt want me to get one :(

dont really use my wii much .... but keen to get back into casual gaming.

thoughts?

The 360 is the best console this gen for it's online and games. Hands down really.

If you haven't got live you NEED it. The new dashboard is simply amazing. << Check out my avatar from the dashboard ;)

The 360 is the best console this gen for it's online and games. Hands down really.

If you haven't got live you NEED it. The new dashboard is simply amazing. << Check out my avatar from the dashboard ;)
Wait until PS3 releases Final Fantasy 13, and Verus 13, 360 will be collecting dust. Your avatar looks like a Wiimii. :/

Is it available on PS3?

Supposedly EA is going to port it to PS3 at some point. Of course, looking back to EA's disastrous port of Orange Box, not sure I'd get it on PS3.

Dean said:
I've been really considering getting one for the xmas break + next year - BUT mrs doesnt want me to get one

dont really use my wii much .... but keen to get back into casual gaming.

thoughts?

Take advantage of some the Black Friday/holiday deals and get yourself an Xbox 360. It is totally worth the money - and that is coming from someone who buys like 3 games a year

Wait until PS3 releases Final Fantasy 13, and Verus 13, 360 will be collecting dust. Your avatar looks like a Wiimii. :/
The thing is Dynash, FF13 will probs be on the Xbox 360 and thats one game. A RPG. I hate RPG's to be blunt. I'd rather sit back, open a Live Party, play forza or gears 2 and chat to mates.

Oi, my Avatar is awesome. There really cool on the dash, do look Mii'sh not saying they're not. One question, is it a bad thing?

FF13 is on both platforms, but not Verus, that's PS3 only.
Still, even after that they'll be releasing tons of games for the PS3 which will blow 360 out of the water.
I can see PS3 sales exploding come FF13, along with game quality.

FF13 is on both platforms, but not Verus, that's PS3 only.
Still, even after that they'll be releasing tons of games for the PS3 which will blow 360 out of the water.
I can see PS3 sales exploding come FF13, along with game quality.
I know Versus isn't. Still, thats one HUGE multi platform gone. All the exclusives are moving. Why? Because the PS3 is hard to dev for and doesn't have enough user base that actually buy games to make a profit on. The 360 has the biggest attach rate on the board. Bigger than the Wii.

What games? The only game I think a PS3 is worth is LBP.

Where's the PS3's functionality? These days it's all about online play. I'm sorry, but any non-fanboy will tell you that Live will totally slap around PSN. Especially with the new Dashboard. That thing is nice.

How is it hard to develop for? A good game takes ages to develop, they could dish out new games for the PS3 everyweek if they wanted, but they'd suck. (That's the problem Wii is going through now.) Plus there are a decent amount of new games coming, some are typical, but some are (what's known about them) are going to be good. Some off the ones I can remember, Dynasty Warriors, Just Cause 2, The Lord of the Rings, Killzone 2, The King of Fighters XII, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil 5, Overlord II, Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6.

(Plus Verus is going to be SONY as all the previous titles of FF have been too, it's only Microsoft want in on some of the money that will be made from it that's why they're only getting the first title only.)

Its been a pretty long running opinion of most game developers that the PS3 is much harder to work with versues a 360.

Either way, as someone who enjoyed PS2 over Xbox 1 and now Xbox 360 over PS3, I can happily attest to not being a fanboy. I am just glad there is actual competition as that drives innovation and fun games for everyone, no matter which side they are on.

How is it hard to develop for? A good game takes ages to develop, they could dish out new games for the PS3 everyweek if they wanted, but they'd suck. (That's the problem Wii is going through now.) Plus there are a decent amount of new games coming, some are typical, but some are (what's known about them) are going to be good. Some off the ones I can remember, Dynasty Warriors, Just Cause 2, The Lord of the Rings, Killzone 2, The King of Fighters XII, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil 5, Overlord II, Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6.

(Plus Verus is going to be SONY as all the previous titles of FF have been too, it's only Microsoft want in on some of the money that will be made from it that's why they're only getting the first title only.)
The CELL they did is very hard to develop for and it needs a bigger team and costing the studio more money. Im a huge gamer, I read all the games sites and play alot in the spare time I have. Keep in mind I'm not a fanboy, my opinion is very strong ;) The PS3 does have good games, I'm not saying it doesn't, any console has a superb game. All them games are Multi Platform, every single one minus Killzone 2 that I'm not denying, looks good. I choose 360 over PS3 due to it's huge libary and online functionality. Also I don't like the dual shock controllers, never have.

Back